Mini STE Build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flm_savage

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
This is probably my favorite chassis/suspension/drivetrain setup around. The size is perfect, it handles great and the drivetrain is smooth and solid.

The mamba max and cms36-5700 will be here soon.

The truck came in today and i am STOKED!!!

IMG00112-20100526-1718.png

IMG00113-20100526-1718.png

IMG00114-20100526-1719.png

IMG00115-20100526-1719.png

IMG00117-20100526-1719.png

IMG00118-20100526-1721.png

IMG00120-20100526-1721.png

IMG00121-20100526-1721.png

that's a really nice looking truck flm, i can't wait to see the rest of the build!!

Here are specs:

Mamba Max
Nemesis 3500Kv motor
Hyperion 3S lipo
Airtronics 94359 steering servo
Spektrum DX3S w/SR3000

The plan is to have it running by the end of next month.

Last edited:
I hope you fix the gearing with 5700kv on 3s.

specs updated.

If everything comes in, you may get a video this weekend.......

Definitely my favorite of the minis.
:)

thanks man. I am seriously considering another one just like it. That way me and the wife can both bash and it makes keeping spares easier. They are just so solid. No other mini compares to them IMO.

i managed to destroy the truck in 5 minutes today. it took a major hit. bent the chassis, center drive shaft, rear dog bone, front cvd and tweaked everything else. the truck was stupid fast and wheelied at almost any speed. gonna have to get a brand new roller now

new truck will be here shortly. wooooooooo gonna beat on it for lunch.

Lipo to a serious hit too and looked damaged but i peeled back the shrinkwrap and no damage was done, it just crinkled the shrink. woot

there is a section where the ground dips down and then rises up to meet the cement. The last time i ran here, the dirt made a smooth slope up the cement ledge. Apparently it eroded and the dirt was down about 3 inches. I hit the cement squarely on the nose at about 60% throttle. the truck just went straight up when it hit.

The ones you don't see coming hurt the worst. At least your back in action and the electronics survived.:)

true. she is back up and running GREAT. pics in a second

any new pics of this mini beast?

here are a few i just snapped. no great poses or anything, just how she sits.

low end torque and top speed are just what i was looking for but she runs a little hot. Going to install a bec and fan to help with the heat on the esc and i am also going to get a nice rcmonster heatsink for the motor.

IMG_1454.png

IMG_1453.png

IMG_1452.png

IMG_1456.png

IMG_1455.png

IMG_1457.png

finally got around to getting some stuff on order. Shipping from tower is the following.

Castle Creations CC Blower Monstr Mtr Cool Fan & Shroud
Novak Y-Harness for Dual Cooling Fan Connection
Muchmore Racing Motor/ESC Ultra-High rpm Fan 25x25mm
Castle Creations CC BEC 10A 6S Switching Regulator
Castle Creations CC Pinion 11T MOD 1

Dropping another 2T on the pinion which will kill a little of my top end which sucks because it was perfect. The castle motor cooler looked sweet and i love castle products so thats why i chose it over all the others.

I will plug the bec into the bat terminal on my rx and then plug the novak Y adapter into the aux port to power the esc and motor fans. With the addition of all these cooling devices (bec, 2 fans and a 2 tooth drop on the pinion) i expect to see much lower temps without sacrificing much performance.

going to post some new pics tomorrow.

question. Should i set this thing up for the road or offroad?

I told you i got 2 onroad sitting here......... so get one of these off me, and set it up for offroad.

Back