Mini B spectrum servo issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmhayes78

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I bought the pro roller which came with an aluminum servo horn, bought the spektrum sx108 servo and the servo horn will NOT fit, I took it to the local hobby shop and they had not seen this and told me to contact Horizon, just curious if anyone else has had this issue

image.jpg

I had a spektrum 107 in my rtr. The aluminum horn fit on. I just had to use some force. But 2 Laps on the track after wards, I burnt up the Servo. And the horn was stuck on the servo.
Ditch the spektrum Servo, its junk.
I use a savox micro servo , with a hot racing aluminum Servo saver and it's been working well for the past summer racing.
If you want to keep the current package you have and risk burning the Servo up, if the horn and servo have the same toothcount, it should fit on, just use some force.
When I burnt my 107, I got a ecopower 827 and a replacement losi aluminum horn, burnt that up within 2 qualifiers. After I went with the savox and had the whole summer season and still going strong.

I had a spektrum 107 in my rtr. The aluminum horn fit on. I just had to use some force. But 2 Laps on the track after wards, I burnt up the Servo. And the horn was stuck on the servo.
Ditch the spektrum Servo, its junk.
I use a savox micro servo , with a hot racing aluminum Servo saver and it's been working well for the past summer racing.
If you want to keep the current package you have and risk burning the Servo up, if the horn and servo have the same toothcount, it should fit on, just use some force.
When I burnt my 107, I got a ecopower 827 and a replacement losi aluminum horn, burnt that up within 2 qualifiers. After I went with the savox and had the whole summer season and still going strong.
Does the Savox fit without modifying anything? I have seen people drilling new holes in the chassis to accommodate a different servo
Does the Savox fit without modifying anything? I have seen people drilling new holes in the chassis to accommodate a different servo
Thank you for the reply!

Nope, I used the losi pro aluminum Servo mounts ( comes with the pro roller)
And I use the hot racing aluminum Servo saver and it works just fine. I use the sh0255mg. Pretty sure it's discontinued but there should be a replacement. I seem alot of people use the sh0263 and sh0264. NSDRC has a Servo that comes with all the horns and mounts, a bit pricey but also a nice Servo package.

Servos have different tooth counts. This is one thing that makes servo and horn shopping difficult. Spektrum stuff is usually 20T for their smaller stuff, and 23T for their bigger servos. Savox uses 21T for their micros. There is no standard unfortunately.

I find it funny that you took it to a hobby shop and they didn't tell you that. Anybody that has been into RC for a minute would know that not all servo horns fit all servos. And Spektrum servos are the absolute worst for being different. Not to mention most of their servos are junk. If you look at most Spektrum servos, they don't even list the specs for them. Don't buy Spektrum electronics.

Count the teeth in your horn. It might be a 21T horn, which would fit Savox micro servos.

you can also try a mini triangle file. use it at a 30 degree angle at bottom edge of Horn. use a spacer at bottom edge push on . then remove spacer at bottom.. you will have to cut a slot in bottom edge of spacer to remove it after you install horn..
Usually when a horn is included with servo you think it will fit .not Spektrum junk. havent liked spectrum since JR took on Spektrum name.

you can also try a mini triangle file. use it at a 30 degree angle at bottom edge of Horn. use a spacer at bottom edge push on . then remove spacer at bottom.. you will have to cut a slot in bottom edge of spacer to remove it after you install horn..
Usually when a horn is included with servo you think it will fit .not Spektrum junk. havent liked spectrum since JR took on Spektrum name.
It's probably leftover engineers from Losi that are still there from before the Horizon takeover that are still designing the Mini B to use quality parts. Not junk Spektrum chit 😆

Back