Mini 4wd Motors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone tinker with the mini 4wd slot cars here? I have one that set the track record down to 3.65 seconds to go 65 feet which is a 3 lap continuious oval track. I am currently using the Plasma Dash Motor but I was wondering if anyone else knew of another motor that ran better. I have also used the Hyper Dash I/II and the Atomic Tuned Motor but none have gotten a better time than the Plasma.

Are you talking about those Tamiya mini-4WD cars?
They are apparently a big hit in japan, I have a few of the kits, but there is no place around here to run them. The local slot car place had a small setup, but he went out of biz a few years back.....:(

Yes, that's exactly what I am talking about. I will generally race them every week or so at HobbyTownUSA.

Here's another one to add into the mix:
There's appearantly a motor for these cars out there called the JY Dragon which supposedly turns an incredible 300,000 RPMs, motor shaft speed. Has anyone heard of them or a clue where I might find one?

Another person suggested I check a place called: Hobby World in Cupertino.. near San Jose. I ran a search for hobby world and was given a link to www.hobbyworld.com however the web page would not load for me. Any of you people out there in California might check for me if you can, maybe a phone number and an e-mail address.

Back