Miltary maneuvering

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robriguez

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
When I say Left I mean LEFT!!!!

12Fast_Carrier-med.jpg

Before Sky busts on ya, it's PORT!!!!!

That is too funny. That is what they call a full speed turn. They get the ship moving as fast as it will go, and then throw the rudder over. Looks pretty cool, but it sure isn't too much fun to be walking around when they throw the rudder over...can knock you down.

Got to do that last week.

You aint docking NOTHING in my port buddy. Leave Chris and Mike to do the "porting". I'll stick to Left thank you very much.

j/k

Yeah i bet they do that right at chow time to just to fugg wit ya dont they??

They just all of a sudden do that just for fun? Do ya have to go to one side like in that speed movie?

I'll take a SWAG at it, it's for torpedo evasion, right?

Chow time...now THAT would suck. Although it does occur when some fellas might be eating, it is usually advertised and planned for a time other than meal time.

Error...nail on the head. It is also done to check the performance of the carrier at high speeds and to test the material condition of components.

That must be crazy to be on that thing and to a turn like that proaby like 2 g's of force on you.

LOL...not really too many Gs. It doesn't really throw over fast enough to put any real extra g force on a person. But it makes it tough to get around when all the rooms and passageways are canted at about a 20 degree angle.

Ya I guess your right about the turning thing. Man that would be fun to do tho have you done it?

I keep looking for the waterskier in the wake.................That's impressive.:bunny:

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
Got to do that last week.

Originally posted by KoRnKiD
Ya I guess your right about the turning thing. Man that would be fun to do tho have you done it?

The horror...another kitten bites the dust.

Yes, I have been onboard a carrier or two while this went on. Makes it hard to keep things on desktops...like keyboards, mice, my can of soda, etc.

Ohh sorry NO NOT ANOTHER KITTEN NOOOOOOO! LOL humboldt a wake boarder would have a blast.

I'm sure either would have fun. Plenty of rough water to play in...

Hey Sky, tell them what happens if the cut the rudder to far and they hit the ultimate in tiltage..... hehehehe

So what happens if you really have to evade a torpedo and all the planes are located on deck? Do they actually slide overboard or is their some kind of mounting mechanism that keeps them sit tight?

Thomas

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Hey Sky, tell them what happens if the cut the rudder to far and they hit the ultimate in tiltage..... hehehehe

does the carrier sink??

Nope - the entire upper deck just rolls right off into the ocean.....

well thats different do u think u could get a picture for me

Dude, do you notice that tugging feeling on you leg?

Back