Might be going to see Monster Jam!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Might be going to see Monster Jam! They are coming to the Baltimore area in late April. Will definitely take pics and videos. Ill probably get some of those ear plugs. Maybe not ill see. I love them loud V8s.
And then after I might want the losi grave digger or the losi bog hog or the other one. :)

Definitely wear ear plugs! They are very, very loud. And even if you think you can handle it, wear them anyway. Don't try to be a tough guy. Just wear them. I have tinnitus from being around lots of race stuff. It sucks. I can't hear very well, and I have a constant ringing in my ears that is so annoying I want to have my ear drums removed and just be deaf. I have to have the TV on 24/7 just to have something to drown out the ringing. But if you've never been to Monster Jam, be prepared to have a blast. They are super fun to see in person. Especially if the Anderson boys are there 😉

Definitely wear ear plugs! They are very, very loud. And even if you think you can handle it, wear them anyway. Don't try to be a tough guy. Just wear them
Yea I know. Might bring my noise canceling headphones if I really really need to. I might still have some ear plugs laying around actually from swimming lessons all those years ago.
Here are the drivers

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-03 1.26.30 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-03 1.26.30 PM.png
    407.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot 2023-03-03 1.26.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-03 1.26.20 PM.png
    420.6 KB · Views: 27
You can get some cheap ear plugs at Walmart, CVS, hardware stores, or lots of places like that. I wouldn't want noise canceling headphones. You want to hear them 😉

They will be here in Idaho next weekend but I can't do big events like this because of my high dose water pills if you know what I mean.:confused:

If you are taking children or other family, you might want to think of ear protection for them also. Those loud noises can damage young hearing.

If you are taking children or other family, you might want to think of ear protection for them also. Those loud noises can damage young hearing.
I'm a kid, parents getting tickets.

And I might be going to the Bmore auto show next weekend. Theres probably alot of electric cars there. 🤢 I don't like electric cars. They are fast, but way too quiet.

I'm a kid, parents getting tickets.

And I might be going to the Bmore auto show next weekend. Theres probably alot of electric cars there. 🤢 I don't like electric cars. They are fast, but way too quiet.
If you ever get a chance to go see a World of Wheels show, there are usually at least a dozen cars there, on there own, that are worth the price of admission. I have seen some seriously cool rides at the WOW shows.

If you ever get a chance to go see a World of Wheels show, there are usually at least a dozen cars there, on there own, that are worth the price of admission. I have seen some seriously cool rides at the WOW shows.
i want to go to motorama one year. Car shows, motor cross, rc racing, crawling alot of other stuff too.

I can't do any away from restroom events anymore. Having to pee every 10 minutes or so sucks, but it keeps the water away from my heart.

I can't do any away from restroom events anymore. Having to pee every 10 minutes or so sucks, but it keeps the water away from my heart.
Yeah, buddy. You and me both. Gettin' old ain't for the faint of heart. Pretty much keeps me close to the house and away from all competitive motorsports' events-RC and otherwise. TG for YouTube where I can catch the action.

Gonna try live streaming for the 2023 AMA Pro motorcycle flat track series. Have FO feed to the computer now. Fingers crossed, no pixelating.

Hey, DavidB. Hope you go and have a blast. Wear ear protection and don't let peer pressure dissuade you.

Yeah, it sucks @ahr43 , we sacrifice a ton of entertainment because of meds.
I thank the good Lord above, it doesn't get in the way of my fishing.

Yeah I have heart problems too. I had surgery when I was 18 months old. I have ASD. (Not the autism one.) I know how it feels to not be able to do certain things.

skip that pill that day till your getting outa event.i use my walkers and wife does those with ear tampons.

Last edited:
My getting out event is fishing, I have do desire what so ever to be around loud crowds.

My getting out event is fishing, I have do desire what so ever to be around loud crowds.
Crowds at monster jam shows are a whole different bunch. They don't get too loud, and hell, the monster trucks drown them out anyway. But I feel ya. I don't like going to crowded places anymore. So the fact that I can't doesn't bother me, except I'd love to take Breydon to see them again. Seeing his face made dealing with the crowd all worth it last time we went.

I used to listen to loud music but I can't handle that anymore. I've seen the monster trucks before but they would be way to loud for me now.
The sound of a running little creek or the waves hitting the side of my kayak is my idea of heaven.
I guess I'm getting old but I prefer it.
Have fun at the Monster trucks if you are going @DavidB1126 .

Back