Might be a stupid question but I’m new so play nice :p

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Longmire.MMA170

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
So I have my t-max 3.3 and I don’t really want to mess with it. But I want a project to do as well so I was thinking could I convert a Latrax Rally to nitro? If so how and what would I need? Thanks a ton in advance!

I'd really like to help ya, but I don't own a Latrax Rally, and I am not much of a nitro guy. But that would be a fun project to see, so following ;)

You will need a small engine, small fuel tank, servo, starting assembly, and an aluminum chassis or the very least an aluminum motor mount of some sort. I planned a mini electric to nitro years ago, one day I will bring it to life. 🤔

The hardest psrt I see is matching a 48p (assumption) to a 32p clutch bell.

I'm curious why you have a nitro you dont want to mess with, but are wanting another?

Hpi mini nitro rs4, Ofna colt are smaller nitro. The LaTrax is smaller, so it may be tricky.

You will need a small engine, small fuel tank, servo, starting assembly, and an aluminum chassis or the very least an aluminum motor mount of some sort. I planned a mini electric to nitro years ago, one day I will bring it to life. 🤔

The hardest psrt I see is matching a 48p (assumption) to a 32p clutch bell.

I'm curious why you have a nitro you dont want to mess with, but are wanting another?

Hpi mini nitro rs4, Ofna colt are smaller nitro. The LaTrax is smaller, so it may be tricky.
Mainly cause my t-maxx is perfect how it is and I’m trying to find something fun to mess with and do a project on. Anything to keep me away from the television screen in my off time.

Mainly cause my t-maxx is perfect how it is and I’m trying to find something fun to mess with and do a project on. Anything to keep me away from the television screen in my off time.
Understand that, the TV will suck the life right out of you.