microwarbird inverted flying

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good morning to all-
I have recently found a way to get some- not all- of my little bitty warbird planes to fly inverted.
All of my planes have the self-leveling feature built in, but it can be "turned off" in two stages. Level 2 permits loops and level 3 allows rolls, loops and crashes- if the pilots is not careful...
anyway, I get the little planes up to a good altitude and then turn on level 3- total control by me. I then do a slow loop and at the top of the loop, I give some forward right stick to flatten out the loop, and at least for a little while, the plane will fly inverted. Usually the plane loses balance and goes into a dive, but at least I get a few moments of inverted flight.
Any of you folks have another way to obtain inverted flying with the little planes?

Can't fly today- much too damp outside-

Good day to all- Ed

Mine are so low powered, I can barely make it through a complete loop.

Good morning to all- I've tried to stop the plane inverted on a roll, but I've had no luck with this- the plane just keeps going on the roll, and then usually dives. these little planes are quite difficult to manage when in level 3, I've found. thanks for the suggestion though, I'll try this again when I can get out.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Usually i do a half loop to get inverted and a half aileron roll to get out of being inverted. Once you get the hang of it it's not to bad. Just need to remember your controls are reversed when you are upside down.

Usually i do a half loop to get inverted and a half aileron roll to get out of being inverted. Once you get the hang of it it's not to bad. Just need to remember your controls are reversed when you are upside down.
Mine only rolls when it hits the ground.