Micro FPV Time!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPIguy

Durability Tester
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I picked up the new Nano QX FPV micro quad on Horizon's black Friday sale, I just couldn't resist it, and it showed up today. I just finished my first FPV flight in the house, and I gotta say, this may possibly be the best indoor RC I've ever purchased. Very addictive, and challenging in the tight confines of the house also. Should really help my piloting skills in tight spaces, and it's proven pretty durable with a couple failed flip attempts over the hardwood floors also. Let me get some practice in with it, and I'll hook up the DVR and get you guys some on-board video.

Pics
P1000160Large_zpsb19d3741.jpg

P1000162Large_zpsdba117e6.jpg

P1000164Large_zps74ec72d8.jpg

AA battery for scale

P1000169Large_zps8cef60e4.jpg

Well, gotta run, I have 8 more packs calling my name before bed. :D

Sweet bro! I think when I order my radio I am going to order the regular nano just to fart around the house with. I have heard that the nano can even be flown outside if the wind isn't to hard congrats on the new rig! Hey.....if you get a chance, can you shoot a few pics of your quads and your radio that would be great! Thanks.

Tom

I'm just curious how the FPV system effects the flying qualities of the Nano QX.

Thanks guys!

Tom, I'll get some pics up for you later today, no problem.

hamz, I don't have one to compare it to but from what I've read you do notice the extra weight, but they claim it also makes it more stable. From what I've read, they claim it actually helps for FPV, especially indoors in tight spaces. For me personally, I definitely prefer stable over twitchy at my level of FPV skills.

Thanks HP! Do you have the doc headset to go with the nano? That seems like a whole lot of fun! The cats must love it! Lol

I use dual-rates and expo to take out the twitchyness in mine.

Tom - I use the Fatshark Attitude SD goggles. And no cats allowed in my house.

hamz - I do the same, just going off of what others have posted as I don't own both.

The Nano isn't quite as twitchy as the mQX. The Nano I have the low rate set at 80% and the expo at 20. The mQX is 70% and 30.

Pretty close to what I'm running at hamz, sold my MQX to a buddy dirt cheap and another friend gave him a RTF remote to get him started. That's now 3 of the guys at work I've gotten addicted.....er, I mean introduced to the hobby. :D I'm running 75/10 on low rates, and 100/ 20 on high.

It's kind of funny, I use the same settings on my Nano that I use on my mSR, mSRX and mCX. I guess they got the flight controller sorted out a bit better in the Nano.

What do you think about your nano? I was thinking about picking one up?
i love my nQX. Out side of my MCX2 its the easiest thing to learn on when its in stability mode. In agaility mode its super twitchy. I'm still using stability mode though as I suck at flying. I dont get to spend a lot of time doing it.

Oops, turns out I've been so used to Futaba that I went the wrong way on expo. :D Also, I am loving this little thing. It is hands down the best RC money I've spent since the original MCP X. I have larger FPV quads, but I baby them for fear of crashing and costing a lot of money to fix it. The tough little NQX has really helped me learn to get more comfortable under the goggles, judge distance a whole lot better, and most importantly be more aggressive / authoritative on the sticks. I feel like my flying has improved more in the past few days than it has in the past year. LOVE IT!!

that looksa like a fun is hard to fly or not so much. price is good and I'm liking this drone. camra can attach sold seprately or together sure. very nice