Mgt4.6, transmission fixed, drive cups keep blowing the pins out

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also an update, I’m finally breaking down and tearing into the stock engine to check pinch and etc, if all is good, I’m gonna double check seals, put some rtv on the carb port and other areas, swap the clutch over and run it, the hobao somehow locked itself on the pull start pin with the rod and shredded the turbo fan.

And to make it even better… My actual car keeps throwing tpms sensors, I need to change the oil on multiple of my machines and My quad needs valve shims Polaris has proprietary parts in these engines since they were designed by ktm so the shims are actually quite spendy, I have too many hobbies lmao.

Not around the drive cup, I’m going to do it on either end, I’d rather make a longer pin, then cut down the aluminum drive cups making them weaker

I think those o-way turbo fans are still used an produced , by Hobao now as Ofna had made them ,I have
Ofna 21 engines that use them for the pullstart version!..😎

Are you talking about these?..🤔

1645215342307.png

These are fresh grubs after I lost both front and rear barrels while the hobby shop was helping me tune the 3 needle carb on it, so I’m sure that they are clean and not stripped

If the red locktite and new pin don’t work then I’m sending the dual e clip pin idea, I’m decent at running a Dremel in a mount and a file as a mini lathe to make the e clip pins
Ok, I see. I think you might also want to try new CVDs, and if that doesn't do the trick, you could try the CA glue as I said. Is there any other company that makes CVDs for that car, or ones that will fit, with a different design that won't loosen so easily?

Are you talking about these?..🤔

View attachment 142157
Ya
Ok, I see. I think you might also want to try new CVDs, and if that doesn't do the trick, you could try the CA glue as I said. Is there any other company that makes CVDs for that car, or ones that will fit, with a different design that won't loosen so easily?
I’m in the process of making my own pin retention setup

Back