MGT. Spring time.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those shock towers are sweet!

Thanx ,they are Hardcore towers ,you may never see them on market ,in which that I never seen any more pop up on
E-bay these past 10 or 15 years ,they are rare ,but if you can find another aluminum brand of shock tower for the
Mgt. ,I urge you to get some if you bash hard!...:cool:

I got shock tower on an shocks screwed in place ,but inspecting my clutch shoes ,they are done ,the spring is almost
popping up out of its groove ,so I will have to find my extra shoes & clean my fuel tank an get those installed ,but
glad I got the shock tower on as it is more of a pain in the butt to me than clutches!

looking good man, and yeah shock towers definitely arent the funnest of items to remove/replace on them haha, trying to get everything lined up in the hole, and tight enough to not fall apart, but loose enough to not bind.

looking good man, and yeah shock towers definitely arent the funnest of items to remove/replace on them haha, trying to get everything lined up in the hole, and tight enough to not fall apart, but loose enough to not bind.

Yea ,right about that ,some of the screws are a little hard to get too on the inside of the tower ,they are prone to snap
at the body post!
I got the tank cleaned ,but will find my shoes today an put them on tomorrow along with getting the rest of the stuff
on!
Will take pics of the wheels when they come in next to the truck ,mail hasnt came yet!

Ok ,they are small an they look funny ,but ,I do a lot of street bashing an I am going to have some killer
fun with them ,when I get tired of them ,I can put them on the MMgt.!....

It wasn't a lost ,because they are pretty cool an they can go on my other rides!...:cool:

Last edited:

HPIM2480.JPG
HPIM2480.JPG
HPIM2481.JPG
HPIM2482.JPG

Last edited:
Reminds me of when I put buggy wheels on my revo. And those OFNA "stadium truck" tires/wheels.

2010-0418-RevoWithBuggyTiresFront.jpg

I think that revo was a slayer first, which I had the buggy wheels on it and it looked more normal. Wanted to see what it was like with truck length arms.

Well on my pics ,the wheels are not pressed onto the hexes ,so that there makes it look wider ,the 14 mm hex is the
right size ,but the hole for the axle stub is a tad too small ,I will have to bore the hole some ,however ,sitting here an
just looking at it ,it is starting to grow on me ,an makes me want to bash around with them ,especially while the
roads are wet with the rain!.....LOL

The other claw tires got massive grip even with wet road an the truck would have roll overs!

I got the rims axle hole reamed out an on ,they fit in more an looks a bit better ,I just have to deal with the clutch shoes on the
engine ,an get it on & install the rec & batt!
The engine head is scared up ,I got another engine to swap that head out ,but I need to get it running first to heat the
its own screws up to loosen them up ,I ran out of the propane fuel for my torch!

Looks goofy, but in a cool way. What body are you going to put on it? With those tires, you could mount it really low and it won't make contact like big MT tires would. Would be kind of like a really large articulating buggy!

Will definitely need to gear it up beyond stock or it's going to be slow.

When I had the slayer, it had different gearing in the transmission on the primary output gears to gear it up vs just putting a smaller spur/bigger bell on... which would probably have made more sense... but traxxas does like to complicate things. Unless they tried that and it made it too hard to set the shift point without a stiffer spring... When I converted it to a MT, then put a big block in it, I left those gears in it... so the spur/bell appear to be geared really low, but it isn't. At the time, I bought the RRP input and 2 speed gears, but kept the stock output gears... hindsight, should have changed that as it made it a bit odd to gear it.

Looking forward to seeing some video of it!

Looks goofy, but in a cool way. What body are you going to put on it? With those tires, you could mount it really low and it won't make contact like big MT tires would. Would be kind of like a really large articulating buggy!

Will definitely need to gear it up beyond stock or it's going to be slow.

When I had the slayer, it had different gearing in the transmission on the primary output gears to gear it up vs just putting a smaller spur/bigger bell on... which would probably have made more sense... but traxxas does like to complicate things. Unless they tried that and it made it too hard to set the shift point without a stiffer spring... When I converted it to a MT, then put a big block in it, I left those gears in it... so the spur/bell appear to be geared really low, but it isn't. At the time, I bought the RRP input and 2 speed gears, but kept the stock output gears... hindsight, should have changed that as it made it a bit odd to gear it.

Looking forward to seeing some video of it!

I don't have another body for it ,other than the original MT AE body ,however ,I do have my wife Baja buggy Body to see what
one would look like ,probably look good slammed ,it is the Baja slash body ,so it is wide ,I can also use my slash body to see!

Speaking of gears ,I was thinking the same ,so I better put the 19t bell back on ,that bell tamed the wheelies down pretty good ,
the spur is a 52 I think ,but I think that I have the modded 49t still laying around ,that one there tamed wheelies down as
well with the MT tires ,However ,I dont think that I will keep them on there ,I am still looking for others to buy!

Ok ,now I am liking it ,but I will miss my MT style with the bigger wheels ,but also ,if I can get a few key parts ,I
can build a one off 1/8 scale Mgt. SC truck!

Did some more work today an got the header on & the engine screwed down ,I missed place my wheel nuts ,but I have some
others ,as soon as I put some on ,it will be ready to test run!...:celebrate:

It's really growing on me!

I always liked those JP pipes, but hated that you couldn't put a deflector on them. A few of my bashing buddies over the years had those. The JP3 really helped the LRP28's sing.

It's really growing on me!

I always liked those JP pipes, but hated that you couldn't put a deflector on them. A few of my bashing buddies over the years had those. The JP3 really helped the LRP28's sing.

I have 1234 JP's ,1 of them is on the Mantis ,an this #4 ,I am not sure how the 5.9 is going to react to it ,I will just
have to try it!...:cool:

Sorry about the delayed time on this ,as my wife has been home with the flu for 3 days now ,an she don't need to be
smelling & hearing a loud nitro engine right now ,however ,I still have to bolt down & install the rec. & batt.s to the
rig ,shouldn't take long ,might do that today ,the wheels ,I can't get a 5/16 socket into the hole to tighten the wheel nut ,
so ,I will have to hone that out ,an possibly grind a socket down to fit!...LOL.....there is always some type of modification
somewhere dealing with this stuff!...:hehe:

I'm digging the sct body and rims and tires. looks like it would be fun to run

I've ran into a little bit of a problem ,my front wheels roll smoothly ,but the back ones wont Harley move ,an when
I pick the truck up to rotate the wheels ,the rear rotates backwards ,so ,I think upon rebuilding the rear diff ,I had
installed the spool backwards ,not sure ,I would have to see!....:doh::doh:

I've ran into a little bit of a problem ,my front wheels roll smoothly ,but the back ones wont Harley move ,an when
I pick the truck up to rotate the wheels ,the rear rotates backwards ,so ,I think upon rebuilding the rear diff ,I had
installed the spool backwards ,not sure ,I would have to see!....:doh::doh:
sounds like you installed the ring side of the diff on the opposite side.

Back