MGT. Spring time.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok ,rotating the trans spur gear the same way that the engine would be turning ,the front diff is the one that
is turning backwards ,so ,I have to pull the front diff an turn the spool around!...:cool:

Ok ,rotating the trans spur gear the same way that the engine would be turning ,the front diff is the one that
is turning backwards ,so ,I have to pull the front diff an turn the spool around!...:cool:
glad you got it figured out

Well I got the diff out ,an sure enough when I rotate it for forward motion ,it turns backwards!

So now ,I am going to pull it apart an flip the spool ,but anyway ,I am glad that I caught it before I started the truck!

Did that once or twice with the tmaxx. Didn't notice until I was at the skate park and fired it up... and it would just sit there and burn the clutch. Pick it up and the wheels would spin. Put it down and nothing. Felt like a doofus both times I did it!

I am still getting resistance down on my axles ,however ,the diffs are rotating smoothly an in the right direction ,I think
the issue is in the hubs & hexes ,I am going to check it out today ,the weather is starting to warm up ,so I am starting
to get around better as I can't handle cold weather anymore ,the truck is ready to test fire as soon as I figure out what
the resistance is coming from!.... :cool:

Ok ,found the issue ,I may have the wrong diff mounts on it ,I loosen the front diff screws an now it rotates freely ,
The diff mount differ from the front to the rear ,they are a different angle ,so I have to pull the front diff out
an change them!

LOL.....that's what it was ,now I can touch the spur an it spins all the running gear with ease ,all this time ,I had
just shoved it to the side ,but also its been cold an I had a hard time staying focused on any RC's!... :cool:

Fixing to fire this thing up in a bit ,just waiting for a little charge in my igniter & go-pro!

1587854372989.png

I got to test run this tomorrow ,had to put some new sealer on the mix meter screw ,an wait for it to cure ,the
old stuff that I put on it finally came off!

do it! really curious how those tires are gonna do! defintely keeping it low should be really planted.

do it! really curious how those tires are gonna do! defintely keeping it low should be really planted.

I tried it on the street a little the other day ,it fell on its face ,until I figured out what was wrong.
The silicone came off ,an when I looked at the mix meter screw ,it had vibrated all the way in ,so
I screwed it back out to flush an it started to run better ,so I shut it down to seal it back up ,later
I will see if one of my 28 carbs will fit ,that is what I had to do on my Hyper 21 engine ,chuck those
composite crap carbs!....?

I tried it on the street a little the other day ,it fell on its face ,until I figured out what was wrong.
The silicone came off ,an when I looked at the mix meter screw ,it had vibrated all the way in ,so
I screwed it back out to flush an it started to run better ,so I shut it down to seal it back up ,later
I will see if one of my 28 carbs will fit ,that is what I had to do on my Hyper 21 engine ,chuck those
composite crap carbs!....?
I had that happen on an LRP28S3 and OS21RG after the o-ring in the HSN dried up/shrank. I'd drive and it would lean itself out within minutes. New o-rings and they were tip top again.

I had that happen on an LRP28S3 and OS21RG after the o-ring in the HSN dried up/shrank. I'd drive and it would lean itself out within minutes. New o-rings and they were tip top again.

I want to try to replace the carb first ,if that don't work ,then I will replace the O-rings!

Back