Mgt radio/receiver help!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s actually in exceptional condition for its age. The previous owner hasn’t touched it in I know of ten years. And was used lightly before parking it. Me and my 5 year old completely tore it down. Iv went 100% through the engine, trans and bot front and rear diffs. This thing is in great shape.
waiting on aluminum shock towers, titanium driveshaft, exhaust seal, air filter and we will be rolling

F2170EA0-3695-471D-8059-83068E569B5B.jpeg

WOW ,that thing is clean ,those tires & wheels are expensive too!....:thumbs-up:

it wasn’t that clean when I got it. Man it was nasty.The engine was stuck. It wouldn’t move at all. Had to tear it down to break it free.
I ran it today for the first. Got the carb tuned in. To my amazement it runs pretty dang good. Half way through the second tank it stripped out a wheelhub ?
Now waiting on a set of aluminum hubs from eBay ?

it wasn’t that clean when I got it. Man it was nasty.The engine was stuck. It wouldn’t move at all. Had to tear it down to break it free.
I ran it today for the first. Got the carb tuned in. To my amazement it runs pretty dang good. Half way through the second tank it stripped out a wheelhub ?
Now waiting on a set of aluminum hubs from eBay ?

I didnt mean dirty type clean ,I met by the looks of the scaring ,a tale tale sign of abuse is the under the chassy ,the scratches
on the head isnt too bad!

Oh yea. He wasn’t a basher. But accidents do happen lol

Oh yea. He wasn’t a basher. But accidents do happen lol

You would want to protect the internals of the tranny ,there is a one way bearing in there that can be destroyed an is probably
the most hard to find part there is to find!
My advise is to make sure that your slipper is adjusted right ,try not to run it hard out in the street with the high bite tires an
hard on & off throttle from take offs.
Make sure that the truck is fully stopped an idled down before using reverse ,also ,do not try to spray any lube into the transmission!
If you do lube any gears ,make sure that it is the proper lube an use it sparingly in the proper place ,DO NOT get it in or near the
one way bearing inside the trans!...:cool:

Oh poop. When I went through the trans I used some white lithium spray in the contact area. When I opened it up it looks as if I’m the first person in it and I saw what looked to be lithium. I didn’t fill it full or anything just a little shot on the contact point. Well I guess we will see what happens lol. ?
Iv put 3 three tanks through it so far and it has ran and moved flawlessly shifts good also. I have destroyed multiple wheel hubs. So I got some aluminum one coming ?

Oh poop. When I went through the trans I used some white lithium spray in the contact area. When I opened it up it looks as if I’m the first person in it and I saw what looked to be lithium. I didn’t fill it full or anything just a little shot on the contact point. Well I guess we will see what happens lol. ?
Iv put 3 three tanks through it so far and it has ran and moved flawlessly shifts good also. I have destroyed multiple wheel hubs. So I got some aluminum one coming ?

I run a greaseless tranny ,hopefully yours will just sling it all to the housing on the inside an not work its way onto
the shaft an into the one way bearing!...:cool:

But over all how do you like the truck?

I have all of 3 full tanks in it which wasn’t a long time and I have stripped all my wheel hubs out. So ?. Come Saturday that will no long be an issue ?. but the truck is very cool. My 5 year old really loves this thing. He will become the person to run this truck more than me I think.

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't see this response until now.

A digital unit doesn't requite crystals and you don't have to worry about interference from other radio units, like the FM/AM frequencies such as the one you have. The digital unit will also have a much shorter antenna, or a built in one. That feature is really nice.

I would recommend at least a 3 channel. You can get more channels if you like. Those extra channels would be come in handy if you add lights or other electrical add-ons.

A good company that has inexpensive units is Spektrum. Check them out and make sure the one you look at comes with a receiver. You will see a lot of remotes that are pretty inexpensive, but they don't include a receiver.

Sorry for the late reply. I didn't see this response until now.

A digital unit doesn't requite crystals and you don't have to worry about interference from other radio units, like the FM/AM frequencies such as the one you have. The digital unit will also have a much shorter antenna, or a built in one. That feature is really nice.

I would recommend at least a 3 channel. You can get more channels if you like. Those extra channels would be come in handy if you add lights or other electrical add-ons.

A good company that has inexpensive units is Spektrum. Check them out and make sure the one you look at comes with a receiver. You will see a lot of remotes that are pretty inexpensive, but they don't include a receiver.
I ended up getting the Digital xp130 transmitter and the xr4 receiver. It work great

Back