Mgt brushless conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those wheel adapters did the trick! Truck is back on proper tires.
View attachment 156580

So now I've got the 150A speed control in with the big tires and I'm still seeing some cogging, although not as bad as before. Next step will be to drop the pinion gear a few teeth, and if that doesn't do it, I guess I'll just have to live with it because my spur gear can't get any bigger without hitting the chassis.

Second order of business- diff oil. I'm currently running traxxis 50,000 cst oil in my center diff. That seems to be not thick enough because every time I get on the gas in the street, the front end will pick up for a second and then drop back down over and over again. It ends up stuttering down the street.

What weight oil do people run in center diffs of their big heavy trucks to be able to pull wheelies ? Or is there something else I should be doing to set it up?

Electric conversions are a different beast ,I can't help you there ,however ,to me those blue springs are a bit mushy ,I have the copper colored ones!
Your truck is looking suweet!..👍😎

Does anyone know where to find these body posts?
1670514817442.png

Kiddo had a particularly hard crash last night and broke one. I figured it would be easy to hunt down, but it seems like they're bigger than the commonly available 1/10 scale versions, and everything larger than that is proprietary now.

So now I've got the 150A speed control in with the big tires and I'm still seeing some cogging, although not as bad as before. Next step will be to drop the pinion gear a few teeth, and if that doesn't do it, I guess I'll just have to live with it because my spur gear can't get any bigger without hitting the chassis.
Went from a 16t to a 12t spur gear. What a difference! I can actually drive up a curb now without cogging.

I've still got an 11t in the tool box if I want to go a little lower, but this seems to be working well.

Went from a 16t to a 12t spur gear. What a difference! I can actually drive up a curb now without cogging.

I've still got an 11t in the tool box if I want to go a little lower, but this seems to be working well.
Awesome! Glad its working better :)

Nice Harry! I love the build. I too converted mine like your's and its been a super beast since day 1 and still going stong years later no issues or damage. Hobbywing EZ Run 1/8 system and same center diff conversion. In the end you have ended up with a truck significantly better than a rival, so dont worry about the $ you spent on it, and its one of a kind now as well. I also run 13t and have no issues, I was running 15t and it would overheat, so 12 or 13 is the sweet spot with this conversion I've learned. but super hot summer days it could still overheat, so get a motor fan, it helps enormously. Love the posts!

Those wheel adapters did the trick! Truck is back on proper tires.
View attachment 156580

Second order of business- diff oil. I'm currently running traxxis 50,000 cst oil in my center diff. That seems to be not thick enough because every time I get on the gas in the street, the front end will pick up for a second and then drop back down over and over again. It ends up stuttering down the street.

What weight oil do people run in center diffs of their big heavy trucks to be able to pull wheelies ? Or is there something else I should be doing to set it up?
Try 300K. I run that in my outcast 6s... kind of a different beast though, but should get you closer to a better drive with more power to the rear vs diffing out to the front. I run 500K in my kraton because it's longer wheel base, so the heavier oil helps it more, but both can still wheelie pretty easily if I apply more throttle.

Back