Mgt 8.0 in a savage 4.6 chassis,

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hevymtal1

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Does anyone know where I can get motor.mounts and chassis plate made?

Does anyone know where I can get motor.mounts and chassis plate made?

I don't!

That 8.0 is a huge engine ,an takes a bigger mount than the average size big block ,the truck that
the engine goes on ,even came with a steel plate that goes under the mount itself!

I had managed to out fit my 4.6 Mgt. with that engine before ,it was a beast!...:D

I don't!

That 8.0 is a huge engine ,an takes a bigger mount than the average size big block ,the truck that
the engine goes on ,even came with a steel plate that goes under the mount itself!

I had managed to out fit my 4.6 Mgt. with that engine before ,it was a beast!...:D

Maybe I should.look into having something made from steel then, I think I've found mounts just need a steel plate lol and yes this engine is a beast,I'm hoping it propels a three speed well

Maybe I should.look into having something made from steel then, I think I've found mounts just need a steel plate lol and yes this engine is a beast,I'm hoping it propels a three speed well

They sell the plate ,I thought that I had one laying around ,Id have to look!

The 8.0 even had a support bracket with bearing that was mounted to the chassy that
helped support the spur gear to the tranny ,but when I ran the engine in my truck ,
I didn't use neither the steel base plate or spur support bracket!

Will it even fit in the standard chassis? It's a pretty tight fit with a typical big block. The starter housing nearly hits the rear bulkhead.

Will it even fit in the standard chassis? It's a pretty tight fit with a typical big block. The starter housing nearly hits the rear bulkhead.

It seems to fit I've tested it with the motor mounts I have and yes it is a tight fit lol

Oh you bet your assistance it's going to happen I'll have this thing built pretty soon once I find a plate to put that engine on its on

Oh you bet your assistance it's going to happen I'll have this thing built pretty soon once I find a plate to put that engine on its on
I'm determined

Back