Sold / Found Metal Spur Gear for Nitro RS4 MT

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well as you can see by this 2 year old post i used the search function (eddy) does any one know if they make a metal spur gear that is preferabily for the slipper setup for the nitro MT if it s not thats ok too
so any sort of metal spur would be fine i just stripped out my 1st one i think b/c when i got the truck one tooth was out and it was cold and i was driving it pretty hard so was wondering if there was anything stronger?

if your mesh is properly set, and your motor locktited in place, and slipper set right. you shouldnt be stripping spurs. i dont even use a slipper on mine and the same spur has lasted me through 2 years of hard use with powerful engines and 1 season of racing.

You don't get chassis plate flex? I think that's how I toasted my first one. A hard landing then wrrrrrrrrrrrrr... no more teeth. That was with the stock engine that bolts solid in the holes of the chassis instead of the slots.

i got a 25 nitro star on mine and i dont strip gear and i dont get chassis flex the motor mounts are from a savage the stock ones aint worth puting on use a mount with a wider stance then make new holes or slots with a dremel then i weld the old ones shut its solid that way jmp though ,jared

do you have a pic of the MT with the s-25? and you just built the motor mount yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.