Metal reverse gear for revo 3.3?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

:D lmao

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Scale Builder
I want to make my revo trans fully metal but wants to keep the reverse.

You don't really need a metal reverse gear. You aren't going to be bashing and putting any strain on the gears going in reverse, so what would be the point? That may be why you can't find one?

You don't really need a metal reverse gear. You aren't going to be bashing and putting any strain on the gears going in reverse, so what would be the point? That may be why you can't find one?
I literally thought that the reverse gear is being applied with constant load even when the car is moving forward, turns out the fact that I’m wrong lmao

but then why would everybody recommend a foc when u r doing a BB conversion? Cuz theoretically the reverse gears are just chilling when you going forward.

but then why would everybody recommend a foc when u r doing a BB conversion? Cuz theoretically the reverse gears are just chilling when you going forward.
These a couple reasons to do a FOC but in my mind none of them are worth giving up reverse. I can't say for sure but I'm betting the whole FOC thing started with racers because A) reverse is illegal to use in races and B) because it reduces overall weight, creates less rotating mass inside the tranny (even though the gear may not be enganged but when in forward the gear still spins), Also makes for a less complicated tranny which again I think is more of a racing feature. I did a FOC on my Losi LST2 when I did an electric conversion but that was mostly to create less mass inside the tranny which is supposedly supposed to make acceleration faster and since I was going electric I was still going to have reverse anyway. Does it actually accelerate faster? can't say for sure since I didnt try to run it on electric before doing the FOC.

At any rate, pretty much all of the supposed advantages, in my mind at least, really only benefit racers and not so much bashers.

Not sure if this is againt rules etc but, the guy with the metal transmission, what did you use to do it please ?? Iv heard 34t pinion from an xo1 and I think it was 22, but not too sure, I ask as iv just gotten a revo 3.3 and I'm wanting to do the brushless conversion also, but I don't have any idea when it comes to these traxxas etc...any help is really appreciated