Merv shock cap keeps pulling off

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for this Reddit article! I knew a lot about most of these upgrades but not in this depth.
Also, with the Hot Racing shock bodies do you need anything else or do they work with the stock shock caps and shock rods?

All the stock hardware swaps right over to the Hot Racing shock bodies. The only thing that you might want is some Green Slime.

Also I honestly don't understand how that guy sat there and made that entire article only to recommend the Traxxas aluminum GTR shocks........

Update: I ordered four Hot Racing shock bodies. I’ll replace all four and probably get some harder oil. I also got a set of the stock shock caps because I couldn’t find the Hot Racing ones.
All the stock hardware swaps right over to the Hot Racing shock bodies. The only thing that you might want is some Green Slime.

Also I honestly don't understand how that guy sat there and made that entire article only to recommend the Traxxas aluminum GTR shocks........
What’s green slime?

I got them installed! I also put 60wt shock oil, it’ll probably need thicker if I get to building more jumps.

image.jpg

I got them installed! I also put 60wt shock oil, it’ll probably need thicker if I get to building more jumps.

View attachment 166432
I like the 60wt, also stiffer springs are pretty much a must.

I've been planning on getting those upgraded gtr shocks though, thanks to you guys, it looks like HotRacing gets some more of my money lol.

Edit: Just found these...
How about these bad boys??

Screenshot_20230710-171638.png

Last edited:
I like the 60wt, also stiffer springs are pretty much a must.

I've been planning on getting those upgraded gtr shocks though, thanks to you guys, it looks like HotRacing gets some more of my money lol.

Edit: Just found these...
How about these bad boys??

View attachment 168563

I could only find 3 reviews of these 2 weren't very descriptive and one said the shocks are just for looks. So basing off of other piggyback shocks I would just assume that is indeed the case, most of the other ones just leak.

I could only find 3 reviews of these 2 weren't very descriptive and one said the shocks are just for looks. So basing off of other piggyback shocks I would just assume that is indeed the case, most of the other ones just leak.
Fair enough.

Those HotRacing alum shock bodies are tough to find...
But I need to upgrade soon, been cleaning /rebuilding the stock shocks, with great care, every few runs, but they're beginning to leak more each time it seems.

Well actually I just found some, and bought them lol.

Thanks dudes

Last edited:
Fair enough.

Those HotRacing alum shock bodies are tough to find...
But I need to upgrade soon, been cleaning /rebuilding the stock shocks, with great care, every few runs, but they're beginning to leak more each time it seems.

Well actually I just found some, and bought them lol.

Thanks dudes
I noticed they go in and out of stock pretty quick.