menace problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
having asked you guy's for help witch was very helpful.I'm now stuck once again.i put my menace back to factory settings to which i got the car running MINT but I've still got the problem of it borking out in 2nd gear wat else can i do .thanks

Think he means it is behaving like its struggling for fuel. Am I right in thinking that when this happens if you let off the throttle for a second and then power again its ok? I have, now I have got my xv3 pro tuned, noticing the same issue when I get it into 2nd. It starts struggling like its running too lean even though it powers up perfectly until hitting 2nd.

yeah sorry the phrase i use when i say borking out.i refur to meaning that the car just looses all power and sounds if its just gonna die

should be lean or rich on the HSN really... Maybe its just a problem with your tranny all together also?

sorry for my stupidness but wats the tranny

Usually referred to as the main set of gears/case that transfers power to the front/rear diffs.

In your case, whatever those big black spur gears attach to:
underhood7.jpg

Pretty good article showing the menace with some nice photo's:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=414

thanks for the picture but I'm not 100% wat I'm ment to belooking for.at a guess i can only think to check that all the teeth are there

I'm not sure what you would look for either, I don't know that rig well enough.

However, loosing power when running WOT is usually a tuning issue.

ok well many thanks for the help.but think i'll just take it to my hobbie shop and see wat they can do with it:D

Just My Opinion...

Hope you wont be bringing your r/c to the Hobby Shop each time you will have problems $$$. Wouldn't it be better to TRY to understand your problem and try to fix it yourself. So that if an issue happens again and again YOU will be able to fix it yourself...JMO but i'd ratter be the only one touching my truck.

your truck may have too much of a second gear. the gear ratio may be too low for the motor to takr