Maxxtraxx.com is down...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still dont like them but thats my opinion and its tainted because of the affilation with a well known pubic hair

it was ok off and on. but i have come across 2 different stories about maxxtraxx's problem. one from svt and one from anouther member from there.

what ever the real story was or is, who knows. there has been problems for a long time, one being the home page. it got taken down and was to be replaced. but it never happened. for those that didnt have a link to get past he front page where out of luck to get on the board. and for those that where new people looking for a new sight didnt get a chance to know the forums where actually up and running at the time.

there are other places to go other then maxxtraxx. my 2 favorit places to hang out are here and http://www.rcrevolution.com/. both are good sights filled with a lot of fun and friendly people.

jim

So what was the other story. Why are people so reluctint to give up the good gossip around here. Dish it girfriend!

Originally posted by humboldtblazer
So what was the other story. Why are people so reluctint to give up the good gossip around here. Dish it girfriend!

Something about aliens i think. :transform

LoL

-Michael

the other thing, so to speak is nothing relly special. but just talk of how people where fighting with the mods, mods losing controll of the boards. the bickering over how peole where getting their own forums that where not need on the sight. they couldnt get the front page up because the sight was in some kind of trouble.
the isp was being passed around and nobody wanted to host the sight. when the sight was down they all said it was because the bill wasn't being payed on time.

for the most part who knows what the deal is. fasteddy has svt's post up. it sounds a little fishy to me, how can a company not know where their stuff is? you set up with an isp, but that isp farms you out to anouther isp that is obviously in trouble. wouldnt the isp you origionally signed up with to have your sight hosted be responsable for your stuff? and the owners of maxxtraxx had no clue this was going on? come on something is wrong here.

if you borrow a cd to a buddy. that buddy borrows your cd to one of his buddys with out telling you, that makes your buddy responsable for the cd if anything where to hapen to it.

jim

I'm with Woodie...lol Aliens:alien: :transform oh man this heat is getting to me......

I dont understand why nobody had a back up. You can host with any mom and pop ISP or poop one in Hong Kong is always available. You can have you site up and working on another server in a day period. All you have to do to get FTP access to an ISP is a phone call and a credit card number its that easy. I have worked for an ISP so I speak from vast experience with the subject. www.humboldt1.com The name won't point for a week or so because thats how long it takes Network Solutions to point the name to the new IP. So I understand maybe being down a week as far as the nameserver and DNS updates go but after that its just plain BS in my opinion. Grnated I wasn't there but there are lagistics to the whole InterWeb thing and its all to common knowledge to think there BS'ing people who have half a brain.