MAXX esc reliability?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBS4EVER

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I just bought a new traxxas maxx and it hasn't arrived yet and am impatiently waiting for it to do so. I have read horror stories of the traxxas 4s escs failing after the 1st few runs. I am wondering if those stories are true and what esc is the recommended upgrade for the stock esc if it does crap out. I have had great luck with the traxxas electronics in the 3 rtrs I currently own though, and I hope to continue that streak of reliability with the new maxx!

RTR electronics are not the best of breed in any brand, but I haven't had an ESC failure with any of mine so far, either.

Perhaps I'm just not trying hard enough? :happy:

I have heard a lot of bad stories too, but I own my maxx for 3 if not 4 years now and it only broke an arm because of bad landing. Still using the same batteries and electronics

Thanks for sharing. I recently saw kevin talbot video on the maxx slash and one of the escs failed after only 5 minutes of light use whereas the other trucks lasted the rest of the video with no breakage. It just seems like the luck of the draw situation and I'll deal with the problem when it arrives.

Back