Mamba Max programming for rock crawling?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone care to share their Mamba Max ESC programming they use for rc rock crawling?

If I remember corectly I just set it for 100% drag break and brushed motors, I have no voltage cut off because I am running NIMH saddle packs, but you will want to set yours according to the battery you are running, I also have it set for 100% forward and reverse, you also want it set to go from forward to reverse instantly so there is no lag time between the too, this helps when you are about to flip over backward when climbing some thing steep so you can just reverse out of it, along wit other uses for it that you will find when you start crawling, I think thats about it, I believe the rest of my setting are factory defalts, it's been a while since I had to program it.

I'm on....forward-brake-reverse, 100% drag brake, 100%reverse, brushed reversing, start power medium, 0 punch control, if i recal your on 3s woodie, you can do auto lipo, 9v or custom, I'm on cutom with 9.3 cutoff. make sure you remember after you change the settings to click update!

Thanks SNG I figured you would be able to give more detailed info on the settings being that you have been programing a lot ESC's lately, LOL!!!!! JK!!!

There are my settings and so far from what I've read I've set it up half way decent.

Brake Amount: 100%
Punch Control: 0% (disabled)
Start Power: High
Motor Type: Brushed Reversing
Cutoff Voltage: Auto Li-Po
Throttle Dead Band: Average (01000 ms)
Reverse Throttle: 80%
Drag Brake: 100%
Motor Timing: Normal (10)
Arming Time: 4 seconds

I haven't touched throttle curve nor brake curve. I've also updated my firmware to the latest 1.20 version. Now all I need an a truck and motor to test this thing :D

Anyone know where I can get male connectors for the motor plugs? I'd rather not cut the ends of of this ESC unless I just have to.

-Michael

yeah you got it setup pretty good man, i prefer 100% reverse personally. also auto lipo works but i like to give my lipos' alittle more safety thats why i do the custom 9.3 just to be sure.

I like your idea about the custom lipo setting and I'll probably follow suit.

your lhs might have the mail connectors you need...and you prolly wont ever need to mess with the throttle and brake curves.

Anyone know where I can get male connectors for the motor plugs? I'd rather not cut the ends of of this ESC unless I just have to.

-Michael

Just hard wire the RED and BLACK wires to the motor and leave the white wire alone since you don't need it. you don't pull the motor out of a crawler very often, JMO!!!:D and how I have mine...

yeah i agree with Curtis. did you get a bec yet woodie? if you run a high torque servo you will need one.

Just hard wire the RED and BLACK wires to the motor and leave the white wire alone since you don't need it. you don't pull the motor out of a crawler very often, JMO!!!:D and how I have mine...

If I can't find the connectors I need, that is what I'll end up doing.

i ran a throttle curve that set my 0-60% trigger to 0-45% throttle. that gave me better control on the low end and the wheelspeed ramped up quickly when i needed it.

Thanks Joe - I'll have to see if the LHS has them, if not then I'll be buying from Hong Kong.