magnets

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonnier00

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am understanding turns in quads and stuff. What about the magnets magnet power

I was asking whether you could change the magnet to a stronger one or shim them to get a smaller air gap

Last edited:
Dude...you lost me on this one. What are you trying to ask? I know something about magnets but that is as far as I got.

The only thing you really need to be concerned with on your motor is the Turns rating or the KV Rating, Can size, whether you want/need 2 pole or 4 pole, and maybe what the amp draw or the wattage of the motor is rated at. Dont concern yourself with the actual internal components of the motor itself (unless its a motor thats designed to have replacable parts. Then you should know those parts but that doesn't include the electro magnets inside). Did I forget anything guys and if I mistaken please correct me as I'm still learning myself?

Last edited:
Back in the day I was in slot drag racing and they could use stronger magnet modifide cans and rotor (armature). I did not know if it was the same with the 540 motor. So what I get out of this is brushes and rotor (armature) winding and turns is what there all about.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm not real sure about brushed motors. I've only been in the hobby for a year and a half and most of that time has been spent with nitros. I was refering to brushless motors as I've never used a brushed motor. It maybe different and whether or not they still do the modded cans or not I have no idea....I was just trying to cover the basics since no one undertood your first post. You need someone with more knowledge than myself for that question.

I have not any info to the contrary to what you told me. thanks though

Back