M11 /w spectrum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about the M11 but the DSM technlogy is worth every penny. I just got a DSM radio. Granted, it's a basic radio and might be a little short of my needs for onroad, but the DSM is great. No frequency conflicts is the main selling point of the radio. I have had my hands on an M8. It was confusing trying to learn it on the spot but I guess it has it's perks. What turns me off to the M8 and M11 is the bulkiness to one side of the radio. Team17 uses the M8 so he can give a better account on it. The M11 is a better verison of the M8 so his input would be pretty accurate.

I'd like to hear what the difference between the M8 and M11 is also. I heard the M11 was a 4-channel, so thats why I got the M8.

DSM is sweet. Last race I was using it, and a guy came down off the drivers stand angry, asking me what channel I was on. I said DSM, but thought... "homey don't play that game anymore" <G>

Zandor. I know that the DSM system alone is $160 without tax.
Subtract that, and the radio price for the auction is $315.
If you can't get it cheaper separately, then you have a deal.
I also know that the DSM for the M11 is hard to get at this moment.
Everyone is out of stock.
I hope this helps. Good luck!!

Last edited:
The M8 is a time tested winner. You can get them new now without the frequency modules and add the Spectrum for a great price.

A few of the differences in the M-8 to the 11 are as follows.

Larger grip, adjustable steering wheel, change the color of the back light, 4 channel, and just a tad bit more bulky. All but the last is an upgrade from the M-8

Again the M-8 has won more races then any other TX in history and is a great value right now. The modules are available. If you have the cash to spend I'm sure the 11 will treat you well for many years to come. I have had my M-8 for 4 years or more and its still going strong.

I held a M11 and 3PK, I liked the 3PK much better...