LST2 Campaign

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the aftershock which was a trimmed down LST1 with a weak 2 speed. I put an LST2 2 speed on it though when I put a LRP28S3 in it. I got to about tank 6 of break in with that engine and the stock two speed locked up.

I was pretty sure the LST1/2 both used the same chassis rails, but I could be mistaken. I went through a lot of them before making my skid plate. The part numbers differed, LOSB2255 vs LOSB2256. Appears the 2256 are listed as fitting the LST2 and Aftershock, so not sure which ones I ran. I'd assume I ran both at some point.

They would break here:
2007-1117-ASChassisRailBreak02.jpg

I made these first and they helped:
2007-1119-ASChassisRailBraces.jpg

I wanted something to cover the servos, so I ended up with this:
2008-0920-BottomSkids.jpg

That small bar on it was steel as my skate park was grinding through the skid I made. So I put a beveled steel bar on it to deal with it as it was easier to make that every year or so vs remaking the entire skid (which was a real pain to get the bends right just using a bench vice).

The two speed would work fine for a short while, then it would hop the flat spot and lock up. I'd replace the hub, shoes and pucks and it would last for a while, then do it again. I did have mine geared taller as I ran smaller/lighter tires on it. Not sure how much that would have affected it. I ran +2 pinions and did the gear flip mod in the trans.

I guess it doesn't matter much really anymore since it's not likely to make a come back.
IDK, hard to say but I never had either of those issues with my LST2 or my XXL. Sucks you had such a hard time with it. :(

I had the aftershock which was a trimmed down LST1 with a weak 2 speed. I put an LST2 2 speed on it though when I put a LRP28S3 in it. I got to about tank 6 of break in with that engine and the stock two speed locked up.

I was pretty sure the LST1/2 both used the same chassis rails, but I could be mistaken. I went through a lot of them before making my skid plate. The part numbers differed, LOSB2255 vs LOSB2256. Appears the 2256 are listed as fitting the LST2 and Aftershock, so not sure which ones I ran. I'd assume I ran both at some point.

They would break here:
2007-1117-ASChassisRailBreak02.jpg

I made these first and they helped:
2007-1119-ASChassisRailBraces.jpg

I wanted something to cover the servos, so I ended up with this:
2008-0920-BottomSkids.jpg

That small bar on it was steel as my skate park was grinding through the skid I made. So I put a beveled steel bar on it to deal with it as it was easier to make that every year or so vs remaking the entire skid (which was a real pain to get the bends right just using a bench vice).

The two speed would work fine for a short while, then it would hop the flat spot and lock up. I'd replace the hub, shoes and pucks and it would last for a while, then do it again. I did have mine geared taller as I ran smaller/lighter tires on it. Not sure how much that would have affected it. I ran +2 pinions and did the gear flip mod in the trans.

I guess it doesn't matter much really anymore since it's not likely to make a come back.
i was able to figure out awhile back that the LST1 siderails differed from the LST2/aftershock style where the steering rack used to connect, on the LST1 style the rear was the same as the front to allow use of a steering rack in the rear. the lst2/aft style had some plastic webbing instead and didnt allow the use of a steering rack. i do not know if anything else was different between them as far as reinforcements, the quick comparison i was able to do on the trucks didnt look like it, but i didnt really go to far in depth past where the steering rack would go.