Losi XTE or Mp10T HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tekno-craze

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all!! Quick back story, I’m very new to nitro. I had some nitros when I was younger and within the last couple years have gotten back into the hobby with some electrics. Have some of my Tekno build threads up on the Tekno forum. My amazing fiancé bought me a Revo 3.3 for my birthday and I fell back in love with nitro. I recently ordered an os 21tm for my revo and am really wanting to build a nitro kit. I’ve narrowed it down to the losi xte and the mp10t. I’m a basher and do not race, but absolutely love building kits and the quality that accompany them. The only engine I have laying around is the Tex 3.3 from my revo, would this engine work in either kits? Or should I opt for a different engine? Any tips and advice is great!!

You can use the 3.3 in other kits if you wish.

Losi and Kyosho are both good brands. Right now Id recommend the Losi but opnly because from what I keep hearing Kyosho parts are hard to find right now. A lot of the parts are supposedly back ordered.

You can use the 3.3 in other kits if you wish.

Losi and Kyosho are both good brands. Right now Id recommend the Losi but opnly because from what I keep hearing Kyosho parts are hard to find right now. A lot of the parts are supposedly back ordered.
Oh man, I totally didn’t even take into account parts availability! I’ll probably go with the losi, my local track has tons of losi parts. Would I need any modification to fit the trx 3.3?

Oh man, I totally didn’t even take into account parts availability! I’ll probably go with the losi, my local track has tons of losi parts. Would I need any modification to fit the trx 3.3?
That I am unsure of. If it has the EZ start system still attached to it Id ditch that and put a pull start on it. It probably wouldnt need any modification but if your talking about putting it in the Losi Truggy Id buy a .28 and put in it. The 3.3 is to small imo.

Last edited:
That I am unsure of. If it has the EZ start system still attached to it Id ditch that and put a pull start on it. It probably would need any modification but if your talking about putting it in the Losi Truggy Id buy a .28 and put in it. The 3.3 is to small imo.
Any suggestions on decent motors to throw in?

Someone may come along with better suggestions because like I said I've been out of the nitro side of things for several years now but a couple of choices Id look at for a budget .28 to throw in it would either be the LRP .28 spec 4 or the Dynamite "Big Red" .28. That being said I've never used either of these engines but I've read good things about the big red and I have used other Dynamite .26 and .28 engines and The LRP .28 Spec 3 was an great engine too so I'm assuming the spec 4 is as well.

Someone may come along with better suggestions because like I said I've been out of the nitro side of things for several years now but a couple of choices Id look at for a budget .28 to throw in it would either be the LRP .28 spec 4 or the Dynamite "Big Red" .28. That being said I've never used either of these engines but I've read good things about the big red and I have used other Dynamite .26 and .28 engines and The LRP .28 Spec 3 was an great engine too so I'm assuming the spec 4 is as well.
I’ll look into it man! I do believe I have a Sirio 30 laying around somewhere. Would I be able to rebuild it and clean it up? It hasn’t been used for 6 years or something crazy 😂

I’ll look into it man! I do believe I have a Sirio 30 laying around somewhere. Would I be able to rebuild it and clean it up? It hasn’t been used for 6 years or something crazy 😂
Definitely wouldnt hurt to try cleaning it up. As for rebuilding I guess that just comes down to if parts are still available for it.

Definitely wouldnt hurt to try cleaning it up. As for rebuilding I guess that just comes down to if parts are still available for it.
Ended up going with the Lrp zr.32 and losi xt kit, I know it’ll be overkill but wheelies will be a breeze 😂😂 I’m think the dynamite 082 exhaust

Ended up going with the Lrp zr.32 and losi xt kit, I know it’ll be overkill but wheelies will be a breeze 😂😂 I’m think the dynamite 082 exhaust
I'm all for overkill when it comes to bashing! Overkill away my friend and post some running vids once you get it :)