Losi TT PRO grub screw

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manchild288

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Just received my TT PRO and I was switching the pinion out for 3S…Stripped the grub screw on the first turn. Fortunately, I was able to remove the pinion by prying on it with a screw driver. Lucky!! I look forward to running it tomorrow.

Did the motor survive the prying? When all else fails, I use one of these to pull a pinion.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Great-Plan...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Screenshot_20220311-015313_eBay.jpg

The answer to the question, that I want to know is, what pinion and grub screw were you using?

Not all steel is the same.

Nowadays, with all kinds of power available, I don't trust just snugging down a pinion gear grub screw... I thread lock every single stinkin' one of them (unless I'm running a mild motor). I even use red thread lock on my 1/8 scale RC's pinions. Mini torch, or soldering iron is what I use to soften the thread lock for pinion removal... and good hex driver helps.
The answer to the question, that I want to know is, what pinion and grub screw were you using?

Nowadays, with all kinds of power available, I don't trust just snugging down a pinion gear grub screw... I thread lock every single stinkin' one of them (unless I'm running a mild motor). I even use red thread lock on my 1/8 scale RC's pinions. Mini torch, or soldering iron is what I use to soften the thread lock for pinion removal... and good hex driver helps.
Now I jinxed myself :p.

There are other pinion gear pullers out there, but I liked this one. The smaller frame ones would come in handy too though in tights spots. Ones like this...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bea-Gear-P...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
View attachment 143516
Very nice.

Now I jinxed myself :p.
I’m honestly not sure what size the pinion is. The stock one that came in the motor. Nonetheless, truck runs great. I’ll try the soldering iron trick next time.

Back