Losi tenacity truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-fanatic

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Flying
Picked up a new losi tenacity truggy today.

Installed a hitec 7955tg servo that I had and a heat sink that I picked up. The stock servo was a bit weak and slow and I have read that the motor gets hot so I figured the heat sink wouldn't hurt. It was dark but had to give the truck a go. First off I'm running 3s and I installed the smaller 3s pinion. This truck handles very well and its quick. can't wait to get some more time on it to really ring it out.

Next I'm going to order the performance upgrade kit and then extra diff gears.

Anyone else running a tenacity and if so what is your experience with it?

20190626_191951.jpg
20190626_214650.jpg
20190626_222605.jpg

Good looking truck @E-fanatic!
Thanks. Sold a fully built rustler 4x4 to make room for this. Funny thing is this $250 rtr handles better than my built rustler did. Just hope it holds up to a little bashing

Thanks. Sold a fully built rustler 4x4 to make room for this. Funny thing is this $250 rtr handles better than my built rustler did. Just hope it holds up to a little bashing
Looks like a fun truck! i had been watching a bunch of videos on it as it was one of the options when getting an electric rig, the main complaint i saw was the esc/motor getting hot so people would gear it down a tooth or two or swap the electronics.
not going to lie, almost wish we went with the tenacity, but there is still time to get one eventually lol.

I'm going to take the electronics out of my arrma kraton 4s and put it in the tenacity. Want the castle 2400kv 1415 system in the kraton. Though can't do that until arrma releases there metal diffs and cvds

Did a little running this afternoon. Ran the first battery. It handles very well but damn it gets hot?. Going to have to upgrade the motor and esc way sooner than I thought. If i wasn't running 3s I'm sure it would be fine. The front shock started leaking. Didnt even jump it?. Though for $249 l guess I can't expect much more. The upgrade kit needs to hurry up and come back in stock.. lost signal twice in my front yard too. (Not a fan of spektrum as I have never had luck with their radios)

The stock system runs 50mph?

Attachments

• 20190627_184516.jpg
    20190627_184516.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 299
Did a little running this afternoon. Ran the first battery. It handles very well but damn it gets hot?. Going to have to upgrade the motor and esc way sooner than I thought. If i wasn't running 3s I'm sure it would be fine. The front shock started leaking. Didnt even jump it?. Though for $249 l guess I can't expect much more. The upgrade kit needs to hurry up and come back in stock.. lost signal twice in my front yard too. (Not a fan of spektrum as I have never had luck with their radios)

The stock system runs 50mph?
could try bumping the pinion down a tooth or two, will lose some of that speed, but should be a bit cooler running.
that is pretty damn quick though!
is that with the arrma bl system or is that just an Arrma heatsink on the stock motor?

Just the arrma heat sink. The larger arrma motor doesn't have heat issues in the kraton so it should stay cool as a cucumber in the tenacity.
I just ordered a 10 and 11t pinion to help with heat with the stock motor until I get the castle system for the kraton

I have Losi Tenacity DB. Mine has lots of plastic parts and it is REALLY HEAVY! Check ur differentials often and shocks for breakage and leaks. Just as a precautionary measure.

Yeah I'm going to order more internal diff gears as the truck only has two instead of 4 like the scte.

Tried to tighten up the servo saver today. Ended up being more of a project than I was expecting. Dang bolts stripped out? luckily I had some extra screws from my kraton.

Attachments

• 20190629_120252.jpg
    20190629_120252.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 313
It seems i have to check for cracks and breaks after every bashing.

Mine has been a great little truggy. I did remove the diffs to inspect and it had the four pinion gears in all three differentials. I bought this for my boys to rub around with and am running it on 2S. I had read about some having heat issues so I ordered a fan and heat sink when I ordered the truck. It handles absolutely great and runs cool. Very happy with the purchase.

Its 94°f out right now. Well less than 4 mins in running in the front yard the esc over heated. Grass is cut to as low as the mower will go and I cut it this morning. The electronics definitely have to go. Think I need slightly stiffer springs too.
If I had a pinion gear for a 2400kv motor the kraton 4s electronics would be in it.
The kraton 4s is 100% stock except the tires and it's running 54mph(4 more than the much lighter tenacity) and it has no issues running the whole battery out without issue. Even in this heat. Losi really dropped the ball on the electronics and shocks.
Now with that said at the $250.⁰⁰ sale price I still have to say this truck was a good deal. $400.⁰⁰ is way to much for this truck.
Guess I should be running it with a 2s and driving it like the $250.⁰⁰ truck that it is.
Once I get the upgrades I want for this it's going to be a monster

Mine has been a great little truggy. I did remove the diffs to inspect and it had the four pinion gears in all three differentials. I bought this for my boys to rub around with and am running it on 2S. I had read about some having heat issues so I ordered a fan and heat sink when I ordered the truck. It handles absolutely great and runs cool. Very happy with the purchase.
Its definitely a great handling truck. I'm happy with my purchase also. Just need a few upgrades to get it to run the way I want it to.

Does anyone know what weight fluid is in the diffs. I ordered the extra gears but dont know what fluid to put back in them

@E-fanatic I believe the Losi Tenacity came with grease in their diffs, not oil.

You could certainly clean out the grease and replace with the diff fluid of your choice.

I used what I had, 30k front and rear and 60k in the center and it seems to work good.

@E-fanatic I believe the Losi Tenacity came with grease in their diffs, not oil.

You could certainly clean out the grease and replace with the diff fluid of your choice.

Mine actually did have oil...... I was surprised. Others also have said the diffs only had two spur gears but mine did have four.

Ordered the turnigy 3190kv 3665 motor. Should help with heat. Going to gear it for around 45mph on 3s.
Going to open the diffs tomorrow and see if it has grease or oil. Hope it has all 4 gears in it. Though I did order 2 sets of the scte 3.0 gears.

Opened up my diffs. Well there are the 4 gears in the center so I guess I have some extra gears when the mail comes. It also had oil in the diffs. Feels like 7k or 10k in it from the factory. Well I put 3k rear 10k center and 7k front. Will see how it runs tomorrow

For real?

I'm all in with 4wd stadium trucks. The Rustler 4x4 was on (far back) my wishlist if my current platform failed me. It's good to know that I can cross off the Traxxas from my list. I didn't want to go in that direction.

Back