Losi Tenacity MT/DB/SCT/Truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're both the same size. I have the SCT that I canned off ebay as a roller dirt cheap. I have all the parts to interchange between the truck types. I bought the chassis kit for it but it's still sitting in the bin. With that chassis it will need a decent motor upgrade to even hang with the stock 6s Typhon on 4s. You can't compare the power the thing has to most 1/10 trucks. It'll even be hard to match the 3s Typhon. The chassis kit will make it a great deal heavier. So you'll need a longer can lower kv motor to handle that weight. I honestly haven't met a track my 6s Typhon couldn't run well. With a fast servo, it turns just as good as any 1/10 scale I have including my ET410. Handling is a different story though. Nothing can handle jumps like the ET . . . but I could buy 2 3s Typhons with the dough I have in that thing.

I purchased a Tenacity SCT and here’s what I did.
Two-TLR5062 aluminum bleeder shock caps
package of two
One-LOS334011 Tenacity alumnium rear
hubs
One-STLB2123B ST Racing Concepts
aluminum steering rack set
One-LOSB2124 steering posts/tubes & hdw.
Four-8mm x 5mm x2.5mm sealed bearings
One-TLR1555 aluminum servo horn,23t
One-JMP2112 Jammin Products carbon
fiber steering drag link
One- front aluminum chassis brace
One-rear aluminum chassis brace

That’s all I have figured out as of now.
Hi RCJunkie. Will any of these parts fit the Tenacity MT? Just bought mine on sale! Installed a 3racing motor fan immediately and a 3s lipo and it absolutely flies in the snow. Want to get aluminum shocks of shock caps but don’t know what to get. My lhs sells caps for $25 for 2. That’s $50 to outfit the truck. Was hoping for cheaper. Any help would be great.

Hi RCJunkie. Will any of these parts fit the Tenacity MT? Just bought mine on sale! Installed a 3racing motor fan immediately and a 3s lipo and it absolutely flies in the snow. Want to get aluminum shocks of shock caps but don’t know what to get. My lhs sells caps for $25 for 2. That’s $50 to outfit the truck. Was hoping for cheaper. Any help would be great.
I’m almost sure that the shock caps will fit. You can also

I have a Typhon 3S and two Tenacity DB's. I have run them side by side and one after another on the same terrain. Here is my opinion and non biased comparison:
The power and feel is surprisingly similar. The Losi comes with TSM which helps keep it stable on loose stuff. If I turn it all the way down it gets a touch squirrly. More so than the Typhon is. But the TSM is included and it works well. With it on it is improved but still only slightly better than the Typhon. I just bought a Spectrum transmitter with TSM and bought a receiver for the Typhon. Now they both have it. The Typhon does not really need it but it helps a little when on very loose sand. With them both on they feel a lot the same. On the ground they are almost identical. When airing them out the differences become apparent. The Typhon is well balanced and flies nice. It is nice and light and lands soft. Because it is well balanced and so light it is a lot of fun in the air. If you get a bad jump it is very easy to correct. The Losi is even better in the air. It just always seems to launch on the perfect angle and is also easy to correct.... but it lands much harder. The body itself is a lot heavier and it slaps when it lands. It seems to take it just fine but definitely hits harder. They are both great bashers. If you like one you will like the other. They feel a lot like each other. If I could only have one I would not get rid of the Typhon but I am very glad I don't have to make that choice. I like the Losi and have no plans to get rid of it.
Now to what I don't like about the Losi. There are a few annoying things about it. Like I said it is a lot of fun in the air. And it will get big air but It will feel it. I like the looks of it and the figures inside but the second time out both heads were broken off and missing. It is just thin molded plastic and it doesn't hold up to the shock. No big deal. It has a flip up body which is kinda cool and a bottom flip open battery tray which isn't. It would be but you have to open the top to connect the wires and turn on the switch anyhow so it is kind of an extra step. I hate it.
It has a really cool looking body but at a cost of extra weight. The body is very tough though and will take a heavy beating with the exception of the figures on the inside.
Now the thing I dislike the most. I took the front diff out this weekend. It took a couple hours to get it apart and back together again. It was so much harder than an Arrma is it isn't even funny. For this reason I might not buy Losi again. It does not have enough advantages to overcome the advantages of the Arrma. The price dropped to $349. It is a good price but the Typhon is less and holds up against it. I think if you like one you will for sure like the other. They are both great buggys.

Hey ScreaminBeaver13,
The aluminum shock caps should fit. I also neglected to mention that I used a little plumbers tape on the threads before installing the shock caps. The steering mods that I made helped that issue a lot. I’m not too sure about if the rest of the stuff I used will fit. They are all based on the Tenacity platform though. You might wanna compare your exploded view/part numbers from your manual with the SCT ones. If they match it’ll work. I’ve probably got $250 wrapped up in my upgrades. I hope this helps you. Please let me know what you find out. I’ll be interested to know!

I’m almost sure that the shock caps will fit. You can also
I also failed to mention that the Losi 10-T front/rear steering turnbuckle set and a 10-T rod end set was used as well. Reuse the metal “balls” from your MT for the rod ends.

It’s Rcjunkie again! I also added MIP spur gear p/n 18320, 41 tooth
Thanks. wow...$250 in upgrades. I was hoping to keep this a budget basher. $330 Canadian (250 us) for the truck and 20 for the motor fan. Oh and 100 on the 3s battery. Someone suggested crazy glueing the caps on once I find my preferred oil weight. Might try that before going aluminum. Still have an exc amp I’d like to upgrade plus my nephews car that he wants me to fix...it’s a money pit. ??

Thanks. wow...$250 in upgrades. I was hoping to keep this a budget basher. $330 Canadian (250 us) for the truck and 20 for the motor fan. Oh and 100 on the 3s battery. Someone suggested crazy glueing the caps on once I find my preferred oil weight. Might try that before going aluminum. Still have an exc amp I’d like to upgrade plus my nephews car that he wants me to fix...it’s a money pit. ??
I have a bad habit of buying a RTR and then promising myself that I’m gonna do just a couple of upgrades. It always gets WAY out of hand.

Never thought about crazy gluing the caps on. It’ll work but you won’t be able to get into them again! I have tried the white plumbers tape trick. It does help a good bit and you can still adjust the shock oil if need be. Give it a try before you use any liquid adhesive.

Back