Losi Tenacity MT/DB/SCT/Truggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMightyAtom

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd start a thread for these vehicles since I'm sure there's got to be at least someone else who owns one of them.

I've owned the Tenacity MT for about a month. It's been, hands down, the best 1/10 scale I've ever had. Deceptively durable, fast as hell, easy to work on, and good looking. It's become my go-to basher for when my 1/8 scales are undergoing maintenance, or when I simply want to bash something smaller.

The only downside I can see to these vehicles is their plastic shock caps, which are easily replaced with metal ones. I'm not sure why more folks aren't picking these vehicles up.

Anyone else have one of the Tenacity vehicles? Care to share your experience?

Are there better shock caps available now? There were many horror stories regarding these, the overgeared stock motor, snapping chassis... plus the links are solid plastic which at the price these go for is kind of sad.

Are there better shock caps available now? There were many horror stories regarding these, the overgeared stock motor, snapping chassis... plus the links are solid plastic which at the price these go for is kind of sad.

Yeah there are upgraded shock caps available. I know when the first Tenacity came out (the Tenacity SCT), the shock caps were a major problem because there were no upgrades available. That problem can be fixed now.

The stock motor on my MT tends to run hot because of the gearing, but I fixed that with a $20 motor fan.

I think the problem with the snapping chassis was unique to the old Ten-MT, the precursor to these vehicles. I haven't had any problems with mine, and I've been beating it hard. Gary from KillerOffRoadHobbyz beat his Tenacity MT pretty hard, and it had no chassis problems either.

I honestly think the $399 price tag and the overuse of plastic is what drives people away from theses. $100 more you can get a 1/8th Arrma and there are a lot of vehicles that cost a lot less that are just as good if not better. Losi really cheaped out on the Ten & Tenacity platforms. They really need to lower the price down to $299 to compete with the rest of the market or give us an aluminum chassis, aluminum shocks and adjustable links for the $399 price.

I honestly think the $399 price tag and the overuse of plastic is what drives people away from theses. $100 more you can get a 1/8th Arrma and there are a lot of vehicles that cost a lot less that are just as good if not better. Losi really cheaped out on the Ten & Tenacity platforms. They really need to lower the price down to $299 to compete with the rest of the market or give us an aluminum chassis, aluminum shocks and adjustable links for the $399 price.

Fair enough. I guess, based upon my experience and the experience of other reviewers, I wouldn't care too much about a metal chassis since the plastic one is holding up to so much abuse. But I can see the argument for lowering the price, especially with 1/8 scales being only a tad more expensive.

I try to be a Losi fan, but I agree, these seem overpriced. I really want the DB anyway, though... LOL. I just like that desert buggy styling, and the Losi has the best looks in the class. But with other brushless DB's selling for half the price (china brands), it makes it hard to pull the trigger. Local parts support and 3 diffs, though...

Edit to what I typed above - For a LHS brand, with LHS support, they are priced OK. It is just the china-direct brands have us/me spoiled on price. What I would really like to see is the older version - metal chassis, better shocks, adjustable links, priced where the current plastic chassis car priced where the current plastic chassis car is - $400.

I am real interested in seeing were the BLX4s trucks land pricewise. Plastic chassis like the Tenacity, but with 4s electronics. $400 seems like a good target. Considering all the upgrades that Tower leaked over the Mega 4x4, I feel it will be more than $100 over the $270 Mega trucks. Heck, $400 may be optimistic. But if they go over $400 by much, then they won't sell, as people will just get the Typhon ($440) or the BLX6s version of the Kraton/Outcast.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I do think that they are overpriced, but they are the same price as the Slash 4x4, which again, is all plastic and the Tenacity series reminds me of the Slash. Between the Tenacity and a Slash, I would probably get a Tenacity myself.

Yes, they are only $100 less than a 1/8 Arrma, but that is only when you look at the vehicle. When you add in the 2s/3s vs 4s/6s batteries the gap widens and when you add in the charger to charge the big cells the gap widens further. Aslo, after purchase you also have more expensive motors and ESCs as well if you upgrade/replace those.

That said, I would really love it if they released a Baja Rey kit since I already have the electronics and would like to get a trailing arm design truck.

I have had the DB for about idk a week or so now and the only problem i have was a the rear diff started to click. So before it got all bad i took it apart and reshimmed it as well as added 2 more spider gears to all 3 diffs.

Hey hey
I have had mine tenacity db for like 3 weeks. I was so excited to drive it and through in a 3s and that lasted like 2 mins and the spider gears in the center diff were done. Got them fixed and since then its been amazing except for running alil hot its unstoppable.

I have the Losi Ten-MT for over a year and haven't broken anything other than a wing mount. I also broke the frame but that was my fault lol

Figured I'd start a thread for these vehicles since I'm sure there's got to be at least someone else who owns one of them.

I've owned the Tenacity MT for about a month. It's been, hands down, the best 1/10 scale I've ever had. Deceptively durable, fast as hell, easy to work on, and good looking. It's become my go-to basher for when my 1/8 scales are undergoing maintenance, or when I simply want to bash something smaller.

The only downside I can see to these vehicles is their plastic shock caps, which are easily replaced with metal ones. I'm not sure why more folks aren't picking these vehicles up.

Anyone else have one of the Tenacity vehicles? Care to share your experience?
I purchased a Tenacity SCT and here’s what I did.
Two-TLR5062 aluminum bleeder shock caps
package of two
One-LOS334011 Tenacity alumnium rear
hubs
One-STLB2123B ST Racing Concepts
aluminum steering rack set
One-LOSB2124 steering posts/tubes & hdw.
Four-8mm x 5mm x2.5mm sealed bearings
One-TLR1555 aluminum servo horn,23t
One-JMP2112 Jammin Products carbon
fiber steering drag link
One- front aluminum chassis brace
One-rear aluminum chassis brace

That’s all I have figured out as of now.

If you like to get your rig and highly modify it then the Tenacity doesn’t have many aftermarket parts available. I’ve figured out some Losi parts that will fit onto the tenacity. Let me know if you want to know.

What will be better (and faster) for backyard races - truggified Typhon or Losi Tenacity Truggy, upgraded with PROformance kit? I can't choose between these two..

Last edited:
What will be better (and faster) for backyard races - truggified Typhon or Losi Tenacity Truggy, upgraded with PROformance kit? I can't choose between these two..
1st - 6s typhon, truggyfied or not.
2nd - TENacity truggy with pro kit and a decent motor.
3rd - Typhon 3s
4th TENacity truggy stock.

If the track is smaller, though, something smaller like a Tekno ET410 or a Hobao hyper 10TT would rule them all.

Back