Losi tenacity aluminum upgrade

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horrells

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My son has a Tenacity Truggy and he purchased the aluminum upgrade kit for it. After hours of installing it last night, one problem I ran into is the aluminum chasis is narrower than the plastic one and the original servo mount and receiver were one molded plastic unit. The upgrade kit comes with a new servo mount and the instruction have you pull the receiver out of the box and just mount it to the side of the servo. This seems crazy because it puts it in direct line of fire for dirt and debris from the right front tire. Anyone have any experience with this upgrade? If so how did you handle it?

My son has a Tenacity Truggy and he purchased the aluminum upgrade kit for it. After hours of installing it last night, one problem I ran into is the aluminum chasis is narrower than the plastic one and the original servo mount and receiver were one molded plastic unit. The upgrade kit comes with a new servo mount and the instruction have you pull the receiver out of the box and just mount it to the side of the servo. This seems crazy because it puts it in direct line of fire for dirt and debris from the right front tire. Anyone have any experience with this upgrade? If so how did you handle it?

I had a sort of your experience ,but on a different truck!
Back in the old days ,the receiver use to be exposed ,they were just mounted with 2 sided tape.

When I refurbished my RC10 Gt. ,I found a little box that I use to keep some old AM crystals stored
in it ,an that's what I used to conseal my receiver in to protect it ,so if you have something like
that laying around ,you can use that.
I think that you can also buy a receiver box for RC's on line or at the local HS store!

Here is a pic of mine!...:cool:

On my converted ejato, I had to ditch the receiver box due to space limitations which left the receiver exposed. I put it in a balloon, ziptied the mouth around the wires, then wrapped it in a few layers of electrical tape and used velcro to the chassis tray I got as part of the conversion kit. Not the most elegant solution, but has worked for over a year. I used velcro, but could have used double sided tape.

You can see it here where the bit of orange balloon sticks out:
2018-1103-eJato-SMC3SLipoSide01.jpg

With all my nitro trucks, I did the same thing, but the receiver was still in a receiver box. I did the balloon to make it waterproof and the black tape as protection for the balloon as vibration/impacts could cause the balloon to tear/rip which defeated the purpose. Then I'd wrap it in foam and jam it in the receiver box. I used velcro on mine to give it a bit of cushion from jumps as I air this truck out quite a bit, so there are a lot of hard chassis slapping landings.

On my converted ejato, I had to ditch the receiver box due to space limitations which left the receiver exposed. I put it in a balloon, ziptied the mouth around the wires, then wrapped it in a few layers of electrical tape and used velcro to the chassis tray I got as part of the conversion kit. Not the most elegant solution, but has worked for over a year. I used velcro, but could have used double sided tape.

With all my nitro trucks, I did the same thing, but the receiver was still in a receiver box. I did the balloon to make it waterproof and the black tape as protection for the balloon as vibration/impacts could cause the balloon to tear/rip which defeated the purpose. Then I'd wrap it in foam and jam it in the receiver box. I used velcro on mine to give it a bit of cushion from jumps as I air this truck out quite a bit, so there are a lot of hard chassis slapping landings.

LOL.....I remember those days ,I had forgot about ballooning!

I tried that a few years ago ,but now they are making more environment friendly balloons!

When I used one ,the balloon melted an centigrated ,so watch out for that!...,
But good advice there Olds!.....

Genious! I was working ony project till around 1:30 am last night. Woke up with a new persepctice today. I mounted the box and receiver to the chassis for now with double sided tape. I'm ging to 3d print a box to house it in. I'll post pics of the update when I get it done! Below is the temporary solution..it's not bad, but I feel the adhesive will probably not last too long.

Attachments

• 20181229_125920.jpg
    20181229_125920.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 431
Genious! I was working ony project till around 1:30 am last night. Woke up with a new persepctice today. I mounted the box and receiver to the chassis for now with double sided tape. I'm ging to 3d print a box to house it in. I'll post pics of the update when I get it done! Below is the temporary solution..it's not bad, but I feel the adhesive will probably not last too long.
Would be easy enough to put a couple screws through the chassis and the nuts inside the box in the corners to secure it more permanently.

Another option is to just use a receiver box that has legs on it already to bolt to the chassis. The one on my arrma outcast is tiny and sealed with o-rings.

That sucks. There is no room if u ugrade the chassis. Losi will have to rethink that.

I would to see how ur 3D printed box turns out. I may need to purchase a couple for me and my bro.

I took a dremel and trimmed some plastic off the side pieces that go on the chassis. The stock servo mount and receiver box now fit perfect. You dont have to take a lot off for it to fit.

Back