Losi Nut Drivers?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm How would I be able to find that out for sure. from what I can tell mine have a solid shaft but I can't be 100% sure. I am not cutting one in half. You can buy me one and I wil be happy to do it for ya.

I couldn't imagine they would be hollow. My dynamite set is solid.. I assume. But they would have to be for their given diameter.. plus, by the strain I've put on them they would've broken by now if they were hollow

I looked down both my standard and metric sets of Losi Drivers. I also tapped them with a metal object to see if they sound hollow. Without cutting them in half to be sure, I would say they are solid.

So if you are trying to put a nut on a LONG screw they will bottom out?
Thanks for looking.
Such decisions trying to pick the right tools..

I see what you are getting at.

I took some measurements. The Losi 8mm driver has a hollow section that is about 26.3mm deep before it bottoms out at the solid shaft. However, the hex driver part of it is only about 5.5mm deep.

So if you are trying to drive a long screw it can only be inserted into the driver 5.5mm using the 8mm driver. The smaller the driver size, the less a screw can be inserted. The hex driver part of the 4.5mm is only about 3.5mm.

Hope this helps.

That was a huge help.
I'm leaning to the Losi hex wrenches but would like to find a hollow shaft nut driver set that is above average quality. I'm not to worried about twisting a shaft but want to make sure I dont strip or wear out the heads.

comparing apples to apples..

my 8mm Dynamite driver is 12.5mm deep at the hex corner and 14mm deep at the center