Losi mini, need parts help.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RnEmOvr

RCTalk Rookie
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got my hands on a Losi mini that needs a few things to get going. I need a ESC, battery and controller (can use my other one from my nitro for now). What I need to know is will any ESC work or does it need to be a Losi. What battery should I get and where is best place to get all these parts. I will not be using this for comp as I have a full size Jeep that I will be competing with. I know the Losi has aftermarket side plates, and some of the suspension has been replaced. I was told the motor was new but looks to be stock. I have tested everything and it all works. Also the plate that the battery and ESC are not there but the TVPs do not look as if the OEM plate will work anyway. I do not have pictures right now but will get some later.

0128131339a.jpg

Yeah any esc would work. But the losi is nice and small. I always upgraded my mini's to Sidewinder micro esc's, which are awesome. Then you can get into a lipo setup and run a small 2s pack. You can find the stock esc's for really really cheap though usually.

I do not have batteries either. What you see is what I have minus the body. Where can I find cheap ESCs all I keep finding are new ones for $30+ unless that is cheap

I put a Novack Goat on mine. It's made just for the Mini Rock Crawler, is a sensored ESC/Motor (so no low speed cogging) and runs great on a small 1200mAH 2-cell LiPo.

I have heard a bunch of people talking about "extras for LiPo. Is this true? I am 100% new to the electric side

To run LiPo you will need the batteries, a LiPo capable balance/charger and an ESC with a low voltage cut-off. The ESCs mentioned above have it built in.

I talked to the PO and he found the ESC so I am going to pick that up this weekend. I decided LiPo isn't really worth it for me so I ordered Nimh set up.

Back