Tekin ESC, BR-R and FX-R

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blindfaith429

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Working on gathering parts for my crawler build.

I think I have decided to run a Team Brood Mini Frenzy motor (370 motor, 22 turn). Gearing it way down (9t pinion, 65t spur).

I came across the Tekin BX-R and the FX-R ESC's, which seem to be quite customizable for crawling application.

The FX-R is a little more expensive, but looks a little bigger and more heavy duty. Not sure I "Need" this though.

BX-R is less expensive, and a smaller footprint, but a little more limited in what i can run for motors / batteries.

Is the FX-R worth the little extra for peace-of-mind? Or is the BX-R more than good for my application?

Or is there something better? Perhaps a Castle Creations ESC?

Working on gathering parts for my crawler build.

I think I have decided to run a Team Brood Mini Frenzy motor (370 motor, 22 turn). Gearing it way down (9t pinion, 65t spur).

I came across the Tekin BX-R and the FX-R ESC's, which seem to be quite customizable for crawling application.

The FX-R is a little more expensive, but looks a little bigger and more heavy duty. Not sure I "Need" this though.

BX-R is less expensive, and a smaller footprint, but a little more limited in what i can run for motors / batteries.

Is the FX-R worth the little extra for peace-of-mind? Or is the BX-R more than good for my application?

Or is there something better? Perhaps a Castle Creations ESC?
Either of those ESCs are good. The specs on them are basically the same except one of them is rated for 60A and the other for 105A. That means the beefier one will allow the use of lower turn motors but usually on a crawler you're not using lower turn motors anyway. What really sets the two ESCs apart though are the features. They both have a lot of the same features but there are differences too. Youll just have to look at them and decide which one suits your needs and taste better.

BXR.JPG
FXR.JPG

Thanks for the reply @Greywolf74

I emailed Tekin as well, they recommended the BXR due to the newer feature set and the smaller footprint. They did say either would suit the need well.

Think I'm going to go with the BXR.

Thanks!

Back