Losi mini-b 1/16 buggy esc not turning on

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbtdavid

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
My son just got a Losi mini-b buggy and already the esc won't turn on. He has only has it 2 days, only used it in our basement on carpet, nothing crazy, but it's not working. Any ideas why or how to fix it?

Hi,
My son just got a Losi mini-b buggy and already the esc won't turn on. He has only has it 2 days, only used it in our basement on carpet, nothing crazy, but it's not working. Any ideas why or how to fix it?
Bummer! I have a few basic tips:
Make sure the battery is charged.
Make sure the batteryis the proper chemistry.
Make sure the battery is the proper cell count.
Does the ESC smell like smoke? If so, you need to replace it.
Is there any cuts in the wires to plug the battery in?
Is the battery damaged?

These are the first things I check. However, I know nothing about the mini-b. This is probably all I can do to help . . . but it's better to get out there and say something that might help, right? :D

If you bought it new and the ESC wont power on at all then the first thing I would do to it is to check the battery connector assuming that you soldered an aftermarket one on it. If you didnt or the connector isnt the issue and the battery has the proper voltage then Id contact horizon hobbies, They are really good about replacing stuff. sometime even if it isnt under warranty even.

I got a mini b for my father in law in Brazil because he liked my rc collection so much. we were driving in the street and his quit working mid run. His is completely stock running at 1/2 power with the provided dynamite Battey that was at 3.7 for each of the 2 cells. We swapped for my 800ma dynamite batter that was full, sill nothing. I checked all the wires and connection and they were tight, esc dosent smell, popped open the esc cover and nothing was lose. I contacted Horizon Hobby and got no response so I reached out to hobby town where I purchased it and still nothing. Now it's time for me to fly back to the USA and my father in-law is suck with a dead rc car. Any suggestions?

Back