Losi LST2 or keep my Tmaxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSY0829

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking at a LST2 and can't decide whether I should buy it and get rid of my Tmaxx. The tmaxx is my first nitro and I'm getting quite comfortable with it. Granted it been "down" more than running but I've been able to fix everything on my own. Plus I've heard LST2's are hard to work on...maybe geared for someone with more nitro experience.

I guess my question is should I go ahead and purchase the LST2? I consider myself a beginner(nitro) and is this truck too much for me? I am not worried about my driving skills. I've owned electrics for 15 years so I'm not worried about running into anything. Any input would be appreciated.

TIA

IMO the LST2 is a good truck, but I think you would be better off with a HPI Savage X. The new Savage X is pretty easy to work on compared with the old one, and is a great beginner truck. Its the most durable MT out there so you can smash into stuff and it won't break, you say you won't hit stuff, but everyone does when driving an MT haha, unless all you do is race. I think you would be more than comfortable with a Savage X.

it's funny how every one of us that finally got there T-maxx to a point they are running more than wrenching we dump it for a new bitch......I just played w/ mine again and it kicked ass.....I'm sending the (OFNA) mill back for a warranty issue but it still ran good....they released a newer version of the truck that is pretty much compatible w/ the old platform so you know parts availability is good for a long time to come....I say if money is tight, upgrade your first love and get real good w/ that one....for a few 100 you can have a killer truck or buy a new truck....but that's just my opinion....

I'm just tired of tuning the trx2.5 all the time. It will not keep a tune. I've sealed it and I've ordered a motor saver filter for it. I'm hoping the filter will help.

Screw it... go with something else... anything else...

Depending on how/where you run, the LST may be better for you. BB power has always been more fun for me where ever I bash.

Heck the LST is a great ride. Opinions will fly but it comes down to you. The LST gives me all day fun unless I get crazy...LOL. Last session I split both my siderails from a BAD backflip..or lack thereof.

olds97_lss said:
Screw it... go with something else... anything else...

Depending on how/where you run, the LST may be better for you. BB power has always been more fun for me where ever I bash.
I'm with him ^

I'm planning on buying one. I'm going to look at used ones first and see if I can find one in great shape. Thanks for the input everyone.

JSY0829 said:
I'm just tired of tuning the trx2.5 all the time. It will not keep a tune. I've sealed it and I've ordered a motor saver filter for it. I'm hoping the filter will help.

There is a few of us who's been down this road before. And everything got better once we intalled an aftermarket mill ;) Anyways, the cool thing about the Tmaxx is, there is tons of cheap parts out there for it. That is the main thing I look for when I buy or think about buying a new model. Just how much will it cost me to fix and how hard is the parts to come by?

JSY0829 said:
I'm planning on buying one. I'm going to look at used ones first and see if I can find one in great shape. Thanks for the input everyone.
LST or LST2? I have an LST I may sell if you want.

PM me

Jon

SVORay said:
There is a few of us who's been down this road before. And everything got better once we intalled an aftermarket mill ;) Anyways, the cool thing about the Tmaxx is, there is tons of cheap parts out there for it. That is the main thing I look for when I buy or think about buying a new model. Just how much will it cost me to fix and how hard is the parts to come by?
I plan on keeping the tmaxx and will put the 3.3 in it once they become more readily available. Till then I will be on the search for a LST2.

Back