Losi lst drive shaft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooperlaa

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a Losi lst is there a way to lenghten the drive shafts that go into gearbox as they appear to short.

No, there isn't.

Is it your center axles going from trans to the diff or your outer axles going from diff to the wheels?

If it's your center, especially the front, it sits right in the very end of the cup on teh trans.

This is what my front center one looks like:
2008-0309-ASFrontCenterCupAlignment.jpg

Been that way for a couple years and many gallons of fuel. If yours is falling out, then you either have wear issues on the cup, the cv joint or the grub screw on the cup/cv joint has loosened and allowed the cup/cvd to shift or you busted your diff yolk/collar that holds the tail of the diff up.

Collar highlighted in red:
2009-1129-LST2FrontDiffExplosionCollar.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks that clears things up just seems strange the shaft is 5mm short.:D

yeah I think you are speaking for every LST owner that they would like just a bit longer cups. I know in extreme jumping/bashing mine have been known to pop out:whhooo:

I think they did it that way so you can take the trans out without messing with the center axles. Although, the last time I took my trans out, I'm pretty sure I had to take the engine out because I couldn't get enough clearance below the engine mount to get the CVD's out of the cups.

I noticed that on my buddy's Aftershock, it never gave problems (10+gallons) but it did look like it could pop out at any moment.