Losi DBXL-E and batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papabear_1972

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Tower hobbies shipped me two 4S 50C batteries. The people at Losi say that for their DBXL-E, that they do not recommend any batteries lower than 100C be used in a Losi DBXL-E. are my 50C batteries useless for use in a Losi DBXL-E?

Papabear

Tower hobbies shipped me two 4S 50C batteries. The people at Losi say that for their DBXL-E, that they do not recommend any batteries lower than 100C be used in a Losi DBXL-E. are my 50C batteries useless for use in a Losi DBXL-E?

Papabear
50C should be fine assuming that they are 5000+mAh. The packs I run my Kraton 8S on are either 50C or 60C packs and it has a higher KV motor in it than the Losi. Just keep temps on your packs as well as your motor and esc for the first couple of runs. The LiPos shouldnt go over 135-140F.

Thank you for the information. You mention that you have a 1/5 scale Armma Kraton 8S. Mind sharing your thoughts about the vehicle or review of it? Are you happy with it? Would you buy it again or would you choose a different vehicle?

Thank you for the information. You mention that you have a 1/5 scale Armma Kraton 8S. Mind sharing your thoughts about the vehicle or review of it? Are you happy with it? Would you buy it again or would you choose a different vehicle?
Id buy it all over again and twice on Sunday. Its pretty fast and handles very well. It does need a few upgrades if you're gonna bash it hard but then all kits will. The chassis plate is a known weak point as are the rear tie rods but now that I have beefy upgrades in place for both of those we'll see what happens next.

That being said I'm sure Id love the Xmaxx, the Ouskast 8S, or the Losi DBXL-E too. Theyre all gonna be different from one another and theyre all gonna need hop ups if you're gonna bash em hard like I do. I really dont think you can go wrong with any of those kits.

For my next radio control vehicle, I am probably going to go with a Armma 1/5 scale Kraton or a Armma 1/5 scale outcast. I just can’t justify spending $1099 for a Losi DBXL-E even if it is a slightly better car. I seem to like the 1/5 scale outcast a lot because it is slightly shorter and therefore lighter than the 1/5 scale Kraton. I also have a affection for trucks. The wing on the outcast looks better to me too. My biggest concern is aftermarket parts and bodies. The body on the outcast looks fine but it could look better.

as far as the Xmaxx is concerned, I looked at it, it is not even for sale at major sellers like Tower Hobbies. What I saw of it, it did not impress me too much. I think comparing the Xmaxx to an Armma car is Like comparing lemons and oranges - sure the Xmaxx is kind of nice but it does not impress me. The body on the Armma vehicles have bracing and a lot of other features that make it a better vehicle. You’ll pay for it though - the Kraton costs like twice as much as a Xmaxx. A fairer comparison is between a 1/5 scale Armma Kraton or Outcast and the Losi DBXL-E.

For my next radio control vehicle, I am probably going to go with a Armma 1/5 scale Kraton or a Armma 1/5 scale outcast. I just can’t justify spending $1099 for a Losi DBXL-E even if it is a slightly better car. I seem to like the 1/5 scale outcast a lot because it is slightly shorter and therefore lighter than the 1/5 scale Kraton. I also have a affection for trucks. The wing on the outcast looks better to me too. My biggest concern is aftermarket parts and bodies. The body on the outcast looks fine but it could look better.

as far as the Xmaxx is concerned, I looked at it, it is not even for sale at major sellers like Tower Hobbies. What I saw of it, it did not impress me too much. I think comparing the Xmaxx to an Armma car is Like comparing lemons and oranges - sure the Xmaxx is kind of nice but it does not impress me. The body on the Armma vehicles have bracing and a lot of other features that make it a better vehicle. You’ll pay for it though - the Kraton costs like twice as much as a Xmaxx. A fairer comparison is between a 1/5 scale Armma Kraton or Outcast and the Losi DBXL-E.
Theres almost no weight difference between the O8 and the K8. The K8 is 2/10ths of a lb heavier. Both the O8 and the K8 have a lot of after market support.

I think comparing the Xmaxx to an Armma car is Like comparing lemons and oranges - sure the Xmaxx is kind of nice but it does not impress me. The body on the Armma vehicles have bracing and a lot of other features that make it a better vehicle. You’ll pay for it though - the Kraton costs like twice as much as a Xmaxx. A fairer comparison is between a 1/5 scale Armma Kraton or Outcast and the Losi DBXL-E.
I sure don’t know where you’re shopping, but the XMaxx is widely available everywhere and cost $30.00 MORE than the Kraton 8S, MSRP. XMaxx is definitely much more durable out of the box, but the Kraton definitely handles better. Lots of information on both of these models is out there, you should check it out. And comparing Kraton or Outcast against DBXL-E makes no sense at all, total apples vs. oranges. The Losi is a scale desert buggy with a scale driving experience. Kraton (and to a lesser extent the Outcast) are stunt trucks.
And by the way, all of these trucks are within a hundred bucks of one another. You’re still dropping a grand on all of them for all practical purposes.

I sure don’t know where you’re shopping, but the XMaxx is widely available everywhere and cost $30.00 MORE than the Kraton 8S, MSRP. XMaxx is definitely much more durable out of the box, but the Kraton definitely handles better. Lots of information on both of these models is out there, you should check it out. And comparing Kraton or Outcast against DBXL-E makes no sense at all, total apples vs. oranges. The Losi is a scale desert buggy with a scale driving experience. Kraton (and to a lesser extent the Outcast) are stunt trucks.
And by the way, all of these trucks are within a hundred bucks of one another. You’re still dropping a grand on all of them for all practical purposes.
:rolleyes:*Me spending $750 for a dbxle 2.0 and $130 for batteries

Used, good condition... mostly. the ring gear input cup had some surface rust. The esc had a few small cracks in the mounts. receiver that doesn't go into reverse (still need to get a new one). And a few runs of normal wear (i.e. tires, body, light bar)