Losi Aftershock

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro RC Basher

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm thinking about getting the aftershock and i was just wondering if its a good truck. anything prone to break? what should i upgrade first?

thanks in advance.

my friend has that truck, i try it and also do some adjustment for my frined...
over all...it's a good truck...tough...and one tank of fuel can run really long time...for a 4.6....it is really really good.....but it's not that fast...and truck is kinda too heavy...and i dunt like the place to put the battery.......
there are a few things u can do to make it better...find a good place for ur battery...
and make the fuel line longer...it's really a pain in the ass if u r trying to shut the engine by pinching the line....
and screws size is different too....-_-
other than that....well...it's ok
i think this truck is good for everyday running...but if u want some speed and make the jump...then probably no that good
just my 2cents

Idk about all that, I've had mine since december, put about 3 gallons through it, and with the JP-3 pipe, and the 30% fuel, i have had great speed, acceleration, and jumps with it.

Havent had any problems with mine, but am getting out of Nitro's and converting to electric. I'm selling it as a roller. You would need an engine rebuild or new engine and radio/receiver. Already upgraded a lot.
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60343

no personal offense, but i never buy used trucks, no matter how many upgrades. and FYI: $375? do you know a new truck is only $320 at A Main. a little high dont ya think.

Hell the wheels, tires and adapters cost $160 by themselves.

yeah i understand but you and i both know you never get what you pay for

If i am selling at 375, I'm taking a hit of around $500.

yeah i guess your right but i still wold prefer moding it my self but ill think about it.

The aftershock is the lower end of the LST series. Although, spending the right amount on the proper things will improve that truckFit and foremost, ditch the pipe and header and get a Losi HT tuned pipe. The stock pipe is too restrictive and does not utilize the power from the Mach 26SS engine. Second, Re-locate the battery pack( Rechargeable one of course) to the top. That way you are can locate a spot to readjust the weight distribution. Next, do the FOC gear swap. It will allow you to get more top end.
You can go the LST2 spec which is what I did for 100 at A-Main or go the RPM route.

Ditch the fuel filter from losi and get the dynamite Big Daddy. I started seeing mine go south. The o-rings don't last long so it can play chaos on your tune.

To help protect it, I suggest the New Era roll bar.

Hope this gives you a better idea on it...

The Aftershock is forward only. It is a good truck.It only needs the LST2 upgrade CVD's and A-Arms, the pipe too. The stocker does stink. A JP-3 or a Losi HT pipe does wonders. Put the Losi 8T fiberglass brake rotors on it also, the stock ones bind up.
Add a sway bar and some race tires and you have one good handling monster truck! Enjoy