Losi 3XL-E

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn't fit and there did not appear to be any way to modify it. Had to order a stock servo off ebay while horizon is repairing the other stock one. I just stripped the rear diffs so it doesn't really matter right now:( Super bummed.

It didn't fit and there did not appear to be any way to modify it. Had to order a stock servo off ebay while horizon is repairing the other stock one. I just stripped the rear diffs so it doesn't really matter right now:( Super bummed.

Damn, sorry to hear that. I guess we're stuck with the stock servo for now.

I've got an update on this truck --- Just blew out the front diff today while doing some light driving in a parking lot. It must have been on its last legs anyway.

Has anyone found better gears to replace the stock diffs with? Or are we stuck with the stock diffs too?

I've got an update on this truck --- Just blew out the front diff today while doing some light driving in a parking lot. It must have been on its last legs anyway.

Has anyone found better gears to replace the stock diffs with? Or are we stuck with the stock diffs too?

Did you shim the diffs? If you read through the 3XL-E thread on rctech.net that seems to be the first thing they recommend. I got my 3XL-E the other week and am planning on shimming the diffs and replacing the grease with silicone oil before it's maiden run. The diffs are the same as the previous truck and ensuring they are properly shimmed seems to be a major factor in their longevity.

Are you blowing out the gears inside the cup or the main ring/pinion? Just curious.

first thing they recommend
I did this as soon I got the truck and have not had a problem in 7 months and roughly 40 battery packs of 6s use. It’s definitely worth the time to shim and add your diff oil of choice. It’s a must do. Or you can wait until you blow out your diffs

Last edited:
Did you shim the diffs? If you read through the 3XL-E thread on rctech.net that seems to be the first thing they recommend. I got my 3XL-E the other week and am planning on shimming the diffs and replacing the grease with silicone oil before it's maiden run. The diffs are the same as the previous truck and ensuring they are properly shimmed seems to be a major factor in their longevity.

Ah -- I guess I should have read that thread before this. I didn't shim the diffs. I guess I assumed that the center diff would be enough to prevent the diff failures.

Are you blowing out the gears inside the cup or the main ring/pinion? Just curious.

Not sure yet --- I haven't had the chance to open the truck up since I blew the diff. I'll let you know.

I did this as soon I got the truck and have not had a problem in 7 months and roughly 40 battery packs of 6s use. It’s definitely worth the time to shim and add your diff oil of choice. It’s a must do. Or you can wait until you blow out your diffs

Alright, that's good to know. I neglected to shim the diffs before this, so maybe I'm lucky they lasted this long. Thanks.

Back