Losi 22sct battery.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe Palmiter

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I got this truck with a 8.4v nicad battery which I think is junk. What is my best option for this and how many volts is it capable of taking

I would recommend upgrading to lipo. More power and more life (if you take care of it)

If you have the brushed (2 motor wires) it should have a max of 2s lipo.

If you have the brushless (3 motor wires) it should be 3s lipo max.

I would start out with 2s lipo. And if you have the brushless, then 3s and that thing will be flying. Lol.

2s lipo is 7.4v
3s is 11.1v

5000mah or higher will give you plenty of run time.

Depends on which one you have. I got the cheaper one and it still has the 12turn brushed motor, they claim 2s max (7.4v) but the stock esc is good for up to 3s. The brushless version should be good up to 3s out pf the box......

looks like David beat me to it LOL

Industry standard is 2S LiPo (8.4V when fully charged) with shorty packs being the only option for the most recent version of the 22SCT.
Something like these packs here are most common for 2WD SCT's:
https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-5000mAh-Hardcase-Connector-Vehicles/dp/B07XP3QM51

I believe your OP over here (chain thread) shows an original release which offers enough space to fit standard stick packs where you can fit a larger capacity pack similar to this here:
https://www.amazon.com/Zeee-Battery-Batteries-Dean-Style-Associated/dp/B06XY47JPR/

Because your battery tray is longer it will be easier to fit the larger capacity pack, however the shorty pack I linked first will give you more tuning options to move the battery around in the tray where battery in the rear will increase rear traction in corners (less likely to spin out), and battery up front will provide faster steering in corners. If you decide to go with a shorty then you'll need battery spacers to fill the gap in the tray:
https://www.amazon.com/Arrma-AR320266-Battery-Foam-Spacer/dp/B00NE0DMGM/

*** If you decide to upgrade to LiPo then take the following notes:

1) You will need to upgrade to a LiPo charger
2) You will need to enable LVC on the ESC
3) The 2S LiPo will be more powerful and offer longer run times which may require you to check your gearing
More threads that may be helpful for you:

I got this truck with a 8.4v nicad battery which I think is junk. What is my best option for this and how many volts is it capable of taking
Welcome to the BEST RC forum going. Lots of good guys here.

Going to a lipo would be your best option. But lots of info to know about lipos. From balancing, maintenance, storage, charging and so on. @bill_delong put up some good info on the subject. Definitely do your research before jumping into lipo power.. 2s (8.4) fully charged would be your best option on a stock sct.

I would recommend upgrading to lipo. More power and more life (if you take care of it)

If you have the brushed (2 motor wires) it should have a max of 2s lipo.

If you have the brushless (3 motor wires) it should be 3s lipo max.

I would start out with 2s lipo. And if you have the brushless, then 3s and that thing will be flying. Lol.

2s lipo is 7.4v
3s is 11.1v

5000mah or higher will give you plenty of run time.
Well funny thing!! I had a 3s lipo that was from another build and plugged it in and it ran great for about 5 minutes and tried the motor. So I ordered a brushless motor but can I use the same ecu

Well funny thing!! I had a 3s lipo that was from another build and plugged it in and it ran great for about 5 minutes and tried the motor. So I ordered a brushless motor but can I use the same ecu
If its a brushed ESC then no, you'll need to order a brushless ESC.

Depends on which one you have. I got the cheaper one and it still has the 12turn brushed motor, they claim 2s max (7.4v) but the stock esc is good for up to 3s. The brushless version should be good up to 3s out pf the box......

looks like David beat me to it LOL
I just wasn't sure If the stock esc excepts 3 wire
If its a brushed ESC then no, you'll need to order a brushless ESC.
Ok I think its brushed. I'll have to look. Its had some upgrades so idk what is stock
I just wasn't sure If the stock esc excepts 3 wire

Ok I think its brushed. I'll have to look. Its had some upgrades so idk what is stock
I appreciate everyone's input

Last edited: