Looks like Trinity is going to do the right thing.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnFabRC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Just saw this on FB…

IMG_2660.jpeg

Hopefully they keep the purple anodizing 😂

……………………………….
I could not find a link to the form they mentioned so I messaged the chat bot on horizons site.

Someone from customer service is supposed to contact me. I’ll update when I know more.

If someone finds the link please share!
…………….

Update: found it!

https://cloud.email.horizonhobby.com/trn1123

Last edited:
I knew Horizon would mess something up.
Well thats good that they are refunding / exchanging / replacing them.
Yea lets sign a petition to keep that anodized purple. Cause it looks cool
Some motors also have anodized blue, red (Mostly seen with Tekin) , and green (mostly seen with EcoPower)

Some motors also have anodized blue, red (Mostly seen with Tekin) , and green (mostly seen with EcoPower)
I filled out the form. Definitely gonna take advantage of the 20% coupon on a Hobbywing. Hopefully they show what the new motor looks like. I may just keep it as the ROAR cert really doesn’t matter at Pit Stop and/or it’ll look cool on my RC shelf.

Just to be clear, Horizon recently acquired Trinity and the motors were out of spec long before Horizon came into the picture. This is not the first time that Trinity pulled this stunt:
https://www.liverc.com/news/roar-finds-popular-trinity-stock-motor-does-not-fit-within-rules/

Trinity never made things right with the D3.5 debacle and left many customers high and dry, in fact I know of many racers who will never touch a Trinity product simply because of this stunt that happened 10 years ago.

I believe the only reason why the exchange is being offered is because Horizon bought someone else's problem and Horizon is actually making things right, so I'm going to give kudos to Horizon on this :)

*** EDIT ***
Main reason I have been running Trinity motors is because they tend to be the fastest motors on the market, and now we know why, ha!

Anyway, I've got a brand new 5% certified Team Spec 13.5T Slot Machine that I'll sell for $120 shipped in the CONUS for anyone who races at a club that doesn't care about ROAR specs:

1699661651578.png

1699661661000.png

Last edited:
Now you know why I love my older og purple HPIs!

Just to be clear, Horizon recently acquired Trinity and the motors were out of spec long before Horizon came into the picture. This is not the first time that Trinity pulled this stunt:
https://www.liverc.com/news/roar-finds-popular-trinity-stock-motor-does-not-fit-within-rules/

Trinity never made things right with the D3.5 debacle and left many customers high and dry, in fact I know of many racers who will never touch a Trinity product simply because of this stunt that happened 10 years ago.

I believe the only reason why the exchange is being offered is because Horizon bought someone else's problem and Horizon is actually making things right, so I'm going to give kudos to Horizon on this :)

*** EDIT ***
Main reason I have been running Trinity motors is because they tend to be the fastest motors on the market, and now we know why, ha!
Good to know

*** EDIT ***

Anyway, I've got a brand new 5% certified Team Spec 13.5T Slot Machine that I'll sell for $120 shipped in the CONUS for anyone who races at a club that doesn't care about ROAR specs:

View attachment 174665

View attachment 174666
Off topic. Did I just see you comment on the AMS race on YouTube? I like watching the races when Lefty is announcing.

So if they are only reworking the team spec motors with a new stator, won't the motor still look the same. How will someone know it's been updated and now legal to race?

So if they are only reworking the team spec motors with a new stator, won't the motor still look the same. How will someone know it's been updated and now legal to race?
I believe they’re calling it the slot machine 2. So I’d imagine it’ll be printed on the stator similar to the current one.
Yes sir!

Anyone curious what AMS is, here's the link:
This really makes me want a nitro car. 😂