Looking to get a new nirto onroad vehicle Help Needed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spyke_696

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
i do have alot of experiance in rc cars as i have had now 4 4tec 3.3 a t max a revo and 2 jatos. But as you see i been sticking to traxxas great cars but i want to expand my views.
so what i want or what I'm looking for is a rc 1/10 scale onroad just like my 4tecs (dont have to be belt driven) but what I'm looking for is that one car i can use for all the stuff i do. I dont mind owning 2 different motors or trannys shocks ect. to run each type i wanna do but i want a good roller to base my stuff on.

but I'm looking for in a car is:

A car that can handle the speed i want to race so i need a light and well ballanced car so it can handle turns with speed.

I also like to drift heres where i said about changing motors and trannys tires shocks ect. so i need that same car to be able to cut the tires loose( i know drift tires make that easy) but to be able to again handle well for that and be able to hold a steady slide.

and like every one i love to bash and have fun when I'm driving solo so i need it to be dorable.

Last thing i want is a car with alot of hop ups and mods i love to customize.

Idc if its a kit car or a RTR but maybe another good thing to add is around where i am we have drift and race and drag comps so id like to have a car i can add into those as well as my playing and practicing

-------------------------------------------------------------
theres alot of brands out there and alot of junk and to be honest idk whats good and whats crap.

The hpi rs43 is a very good rig with some good aftermarket support and I do believe they make a drift version as well. As far as a real joy to drive would be my Ofna DM1 spec touring car. It has a .28 in it but it does need some upgrades. I've upgraded the servos since they we're junk and I replaced the stock air filter with an Ofna buggy type for better filtration.

ty i been looking at the rs4 3evo+ for a few days now and the drift version is discontinued but ill look up the one u just said about as well never seen it

In 1/10 scale, my preference would be either Associated Nitro TC3 or HPI Nitro RS4. Unfortunately, the NTC3 has been discontinued, but is still easy to find, relatively inexpensive and well supported in the aftermarket.

In 1/8 scale, I'd look at OFNA GTP-2 or Kyosho Inferno GT2

i keep seeing the rs4 pop up so I'm gunna ask being i never owned a rs4 how does it compair to my 4tec as far as the cars go

also ill check out that ntc3 right now

---------- Post added at 1:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

looking at the ntc3 you can still buy new ones from old stock i like the set up on it its close to the hpi rs4 in ways
but another question I'm gunna run past you guys is that ntc3 you said about and the rs4 as well seem to have what i would think as all the weight on to one side the engine and gas tank are on the same sides vs ill use my 4tec for example seems to be more centered so my question is if you know ho balanced out those cars are

i would think as all the weight on to one side the engine and gas tank are on the same sides vs ill use my 4tec for example seems to be more centered so my question is if you know ho balanced out those cars are

They balance fine. Remember, the steering servo, receiver and receiver pack are on the other side.

The NTC3 has a long history of success, was only discontinued because demand for 1/10 nitro in general has tapered severely the last few years with brushless and lipo becoming not only ever more powerful, but increasingly cheap. The TC4, which is little more than a slightly updated electric TC3, is still in production, despite the TC5, TC6 and TC6.1 succeeding it.

I have a TC3, mine is just a basher with a Picco .21 stuffed into it. But I did run it with a Fantom FR-15, and it was a nimble little critter. Now it's just an overpowered monster.

IMG_0604_zps8238b4eb.jpg

IMG_0584_zps94edefa5.jpg

ya i like the look of the lay outs and good point on the servo ect. on other side didnt account for that now u said about history of success hows the hpi rs4 for success lol I'm looking into both of these cars now i realy like them both i think i just gotta figure out what one is right

---------- Post added at 1:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:42 AM ----------

one thing i like most on the rs4 over the ntc3 is the body posts not that that is a make or break deal but just throwing that in there

I have an HPI nitro RS42 with an OS .12 cvrx and it's one of my favorite cars to run. The only downside is the belt drive system. One pebble in the system and you're pretty much locked up. Another downside is parts are very hard to find for it since it's 14 years old.

ya i know all about the pebble in the belt system i was running my 4tec 3.3 doing speed passes when the wheels halted and the car span and flipped out of controol it landed on the wheels i game it gas nothing i was like wts i shut it off tryed hand moving the wheels nothing spun it back words it was fine and out came a tiny ball pen point sized rock lol