Looking to get a 1/5 Rampage Chimera 4WD Gas

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiddy

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Hello, I’m thinking about getting a

1/5 Rampage Chimera 4WD Gas Sand Rail RTR​

Anybody have any thoughts on it?

I like mine a lot, bought it used the fellow would let his pit bull attack it so the wing and front bumper had teeth marks, some panels missing, he beat it, the buggy not the dog fairly well and nothing broken but every metal to metal screw was loose, purple loctite or clear nail polish fixes that.

The upper shock mounts warp so i beefed mine up and the muffler is horrible in design as it dumps right on the rear diff, so i extened mine past the rear,

I had two sold the in the box one and that cat made it into a show queen mine i went wasteland warror on,

20200620_043218_copy_641x530.jpg

I have done a bit more since this pic.

It could be a good choice since you can find them in stock, whereas finding a gas powered Losi DBXL right now is a dream. Buying a Losi 5ive-T 2.0 V2: 1/5 scale 4WD SCT gas is another option if you have the money - just the car with the engine will set you back $1399! I think that you also have to provide the radio, servos and the receiver. So if you want to go gas a 1/5 scale Rampage Chimera would be a good choice, but before you finally buy look at other makers such as Armma to see what their offerings are in gas. For my own part, electric 1/5 scale vehicles are a lot easier to get ahold of, so don’t run away from electric just because it is electric too soon.

Papabear

If you are on a budget, I would check into Rovan RC. I have the baja 5b with the Q baja shorty kit. I love it, its actually my favorite rig. There is also a ton of parts available.
Check it out Here
I also wanted the Rampage but at the time they were out of stock. This was a couple years ago.

Thank you, but I am not really on a budget I just cannot justify spending the $1000 plus price tag for Losi vehicles when Armma makes vehicles for $899 that are excellent and some would say are just as good as the Losi vehicles.

Papabear

I agree, Armma makes some awesome rigs. I have the Typhon Mega fully modified to run 4s.
I could have bought a bigger rig and brushless but I wanted to start at the bottom with it and see what it can do.
Fun buggy to run.

Back