LOOKING TO BUY 1:18 Electric RC

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro Rascal

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi I've been looking at the 1:18 electric RC cars like the XTM Rage, Losi Mini-T, Associated RC18T, and similar which do you think is best I could stretch to an RC18T but I'm on quite a tight budget. Thanks :thumbup:

I highly suggest the RC18T. Mini-T is a good ride as well. I have both, the RC18T gets 2x more use.

I love my mini-inferno. its not a 1/18th, its a 1/16th.

I have a mini-t that gots several hundred dollars in aluminum and carbon fiber hop ups, and I have an RC18B that's brand new right out of the box, and I drive the RC18 a lot more simply because it handles so much better with the 4 WD, and it's more fun to drive. The RC18 series seems to be built really strong and turable as well, and there's a lot of aftermarket support. I'm sure teh XTM is a nice rig, but if I were you I would do some research to be sure that the aftermarket companies support it. These things are a lot of fun to fix up because the parts are so cheap.

have you looked at the MLST from losi? its 4wd and a MT so you can take it just about anywhere. when searching, look for ones that have updated diffs or the newer version, MSLT2. i have the original version and love it. several aftermarket companies support it and the parts availability is plentiful.

I would also recommend the RC18t. They're a hoot right out of the box. There is also a ton of aftermarket support. I have an -18t and an -18r and neither is stock anymore. The other great thing about these little buggers is that they are cheap to upgrade.

I have an XTM Rage. It is very fast, I'm not sure how fast compared to a rc18t or mini t because i havnt used them.