Looking for the right antenna wire, any suggestions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombie213

RC Newbie
Reaction score
1617144531783.png
That small black wire to the right of "SJ" is what I need to replace but every cable I see has plugs on the ends. I just need a normal antenna wire like that one, but longer

the ones with the plugs are coaxial wires like you home cable but that is much larger.what you want is a gauge sized wire .strand count will matter . not sure this is the right wire you need but 20 ga is .032"

the ones with the plugs are coaxial wires like you home cable but that is much larger.what you want is a gauge sized wire .strand count will matter . not sure this is the right wire you need but 20 ga is .032"
Could you help me find the exact ones I need? Same width but longer

I really can't tell the size from that picture.. de-solder wire and cut it count strands.. and micrometer size... there's international charts online that will give you what size ... you can always use a thicker gauge wire then use the amount of stands that will fit in pre drilled hole. but b4 that you could cut a little more insulation off then finely solder all wire together and slide heat shrink tube over exposed wire( you can even repurpose a piece of wire if you have a old dead piece of electrical thing old pc ..so on)

Back