looking for new idea's for cleaning nitro's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revorebuild

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I've all we's used air and when I take things apart I use toothbrash and dishsoap , on the engine WD-40 , diff's I use auto carb clear and Q-tips , I was thinking of useing carb cleaner on all of it but not sure. trying find somthing cheap and easy to use for getting dirt and nitro oil build up off . so that brings me here to ask you guy's , never hurt's to get new idea's

Thanks

Starting Fluid works great for quick cleans.....but nitro fuel works best...Rc cleaner is best for the extreme clean at the end of the season.

I still prefer Simple Green to nitro cleaner.

One cup simple green to one cup denatured alcohol and a capfull of wd-40! Works great and looks like new! You could use more or less just use equal parts. It's pretty cheap too! Wouldn't use on tires or brakes or electronics. Could just use simple green on tires works great. Hope that helps!

Not gunna beat the bush here, this subject has been covered time and time again. You need to start using the search feature for this....
:search_it:

Not gunna beat the bush here, this subject has been covered time and time again. You need to start using the search feature for this....
:search_it:

there is some one like this at every site , if you don't like it then don't pop in , I see you doing this a lot in this site , if your not gona help then don't post at all

How I do it normally....50/50 Simple green and water in a spay bottle. I used to have an attachment for my compressor that sprayed water and air. Simple Green at a 100 psi cleans some stuff up pretty good. Use a parts brush to get into the small spots. Blow the crap off with compressed air. To rinse I use water then 50/50 ArmorAll and water for final rinse, then blow off with compressed air again. If I don't have a sunny location to put them to finish drying then I put them in my closet that has a De-humidifier (yes for that very purpose I am an addict). That normally does the trick for me.

there is some one like this at every site , if you don't like it then don't pop in , I see you doing this a lot in this site , if your not gona help then don't post at all

Dont tell me how it is noob, use the damn search feature, because if I dont bitch you out, someone else will, so mind your lip pal...

And by the way chump, I am helping you to learn the search feature so nobody has to tell you otherwise.. So yeah :D

heres some links to save you troubles
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91518&highlight=cleaning
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89332&highlight=cleaning
https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88857&highlight=cleaning

Thats within the first 8 pages of searching the word "cleaning"

Last edited:

Dont tell me how it is noob, use the damn search feature, because if I dont bitch you out, someone else will, so mind your lip pal...

And by the way chump, I am helping you to learn the search feature so nobody has to tell you otherwise.. So yeah :D
Ok both of you...goodness. Revo the search feature is pretty helpful. HPI-Killer get back on the bus buddy.....all good.:p:

^^LOL^^ I can't find my sack lunch or my helmet! damnit, wish you would pick me up, I'm freezing out here, haha :hehe:

sense of humor love it. but hes right try the search dude it helps save on threads that have already been posted.

time for name calling now , any one no where there is a RC site for adults , to funny

Dude I was defusing the situation... but if you are going to be a child and not take a little ribbing then good luck finding ANY RC forum....or any forum for that matter that you fit in. We are all adults and have fun with each other. If you can't be enough of a man to take some pokes then you need to toughen up a bit sweetheart. Suck it up and press on. I am sure you are going to get along famously anywhere you go.

Don't be that guy. Really, no one likes that guy. As for the adult comment...... I think I saw ya mamma on traxxas forum. Enjoy.

Woo, I sparked the fire haha, I never comment like I did unless its a legit reason, trying to help the revorebuilds, I mean noobs to fit in here, but whatever, anywho.....

THIS FORUM IS SO IMMATURE!! HAHA :hehe:

Alright boys, let's leave the little fella alone. He clearly came to this showdown totally unarmed. Or was that SMACKDOWN???

Back