looking for new batteries

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptNitro

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi guys, been away awhile, was looking for some new batteries for my savage flux hp, and was wondering if anybody has ran some of these new batteries with 75 to 100c batteries in their hp flux's? Will the truck support a battery with a 100c rating? Or will it fry the motor or speed controller. Any info is appreciated Thx Steve

It's a discharge rate, it means that a battety pack can be discharged safely at the 75-100 time the lipos capacity, or mAh, but there's no unanimous measuring chart to gauge off of. The C rating can vary from company to company.

It's as simple as multiplying the capacity, and the discharge rating (C rating) to give you how many amps you can pull from the lipo without hurting it.

An example, my reaction lipo for my ascender has a 50c rating, and a 4000mAh capacity, so the math works out like this.
4000mAh x 50c = 200,000mAh
Or
4amps x 50c = 200amp

^^see what I did there 1,000mAh equals 1amp.

OK, got it, good, this means that I can pull 200amp continuously until my lipo drains, and my low voltage alarm shuts everything down without damaging my battery pack, how ever long that would take.

^^this is important because some ESC can use more than 200amps, and if you don't have enough discharge rate, you'll damage the lipo.

Did I mention that there's no unanimous chart that all lipo msnufacturing companies adhere to.

Last edited:
If you're just using the stock speed control on your Savage Flux, then all you need is a battery that can supply 150amps. With that being said I like to use batteries that can supply atleast 200amps in my Savage flux. I use SMC 5100mah 50c and 5000mah 50c.

Basically those batteries with 75c and 100c will work without damaging any thing as long as they're at least over 2000mah.

Thx for the info, I try and run at least 5000 mah batteries, was just curious if a 100c battery would be safe to run

and just for the record I'm not convienced that any company makes lipos that have a "TRUE" C rating of 75 or 100 but even if there was a company that made such a critter its complete overkill. for the vast majority of applications it unlikely that you will ever need anything over 40 or 50C, maybe 60? anything more than that is either not a true rating or is simply over kill.

Bigsquid has a bit of a review on lipo's, might be worth reading up on protek's:
http://www.bigsquidrc.com/review-protek-7-4v-2s-100c-7000-mah-lipo-battery/

Sorry, I don't know squat about lipo's and only ran across that due to me searching for 100C to try and recall what it meant in Amps. Again, I didn't look real close to see what it is you need or what that battery pack I linked is. Just figured you could find some info on that site considering big squid is known for hard bashing in general.