looking for a good first nitro rc

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcdude101

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
looking for a good first nitro rc mt truggy or buggy just for bashing under 500

This is just my opinion but...for simplicity and toughness, you can't beat a reputable brand 1/8 scale nitro buggy.
I've yet to see a MT, truggy or SC truck survive a house jump and drive away.:eek:

Thanks for the reply do you know if the hpi firestorm or the traxxas slash 3.3 are any good ?

Thanks for the reply do you know if the hpi firestorm or the traxxas slash 3.3 are any good ?
The firestorm is an O.K R/C, but personally- for a buggy, I'd recommend a HPI trophy 3.5, or a Ofna/ HoBao Hyper 7- both great buggies, but If you live in the U.K go Hpi as you tend to get better customer service and parts are easier to find :) But in the end it's you're choice- were just here to help :)

This is just my opinion but...for simplicity and toughness, you can't beat a reputable brand 1/8 scale nitro buggy.
I've yet to see a MT, truggy or SC truck survive a house jump and drive away.:eek:

Impressive...

I live in North America i might go with the hpi trophy 3.5

The traxxas slash with a nitro is called a slayer!..lol..and there a tough little sc for what it is,idk if it's because their so light or what,..look for parts support in your area call around and see what parts the lhs stocks

I live in North America i might go with the hpi trophy 3.5
The Trophy 3.5 is a nice buggy- and in my experience can take one hell of a beating, I once ramped it off an almost vertical ramp in a skate park (By accident, I was trying to test the breaks but was going to fast and didn't realise how high the ramp was) it was about 10 foot in the air and it smacked straight into the concrete head on- there was no damage, surprisingly. The same day I also crashed it side on into a kerb- it pulled the tire of the rim and bent the exhaust- both were easily fixable with ca glue and a rubber mallet. The only problem with it, in my opinion is the weak throttle and steering servo's and that it's a tad heavy- but it still goes plenty fast enough when tuned right.