Looking for a good esc to fit with a 2845 4300kv motor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7usni-

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for a good esc to fit with a 2845 4300kv motor, idk if it's sensored or sensorless and I need to know what Amp should I choose

what car?
Looking at the motor size. I'm thinking its in the range of a 14th or 16th scale car?
For reference, in my Mini B build, I use a cheap amazon surpass hobbies (kind val) 35a esc. Does just fine. I run a smaller can (2435) and 6100kv.

Surpass Hobby KK Waterproof 35A Brushless ESC 2-3S Electric Speed Controller for RC 1/16 1/14 RC Car 2838 2845 Brushless Motor

CENTAURUS RC Brushless Speed Controller for 1/8 1/10 1/12 RC Car Crawler 45A 60A 80A 120A PCB Plate Speed Controller Brushless ESC

NATEFEMIN Waterproof 45A Brushless ESC Electric Speed Controller for WLtoys 144010 124016 124019 1/12 RC Car

Last edited:
Edited my original post with some amazon escs. :)
Unfortunately none of these will work for me 😔 the first won't work it needs to be higher than 45A and I've searched about the second , it seems to light on fire after few runs and the third is just the stock one

A Hobbywing 1080 should be fine, and they're fairly cheap.

Nevermind. Your car is brushless. Go with David's suggestions 😜

Last edited:
I second hobbywing. But wouldn't this be for a brushless setup?
10BL60 SD might be small enough to fit in there.
Idk mini cars too well

I second hobbywing. But wouldn't this be for a brushless setup?
10BL60 SD might be small enough to fit in there.
Idk mini cars too well
You're right. I was thinking that was a brushed RC. Hood catch.

I
Looking for a good esc to fit with a 2845 4300kv motor, idk if it's sensored or sensorless and I need to know what Amp should I choose

It does kind of bug me that Hobbywing's recommended motors go from 24xx- to 36xx- in one step, they don't have any ESC's targeting 28xx-motors and 1/12th-1/14th scale cars.

I've driven a 4500kv 2845 with a 16BL30 on 2S, albeit in a crawler with plenty of gear reduction so the motor wasn't under particularly high load. The ESC got a bit warm, but held up.

For your application I would recommend a 10BL60, you can find them for ~$35 OEM, any cheaper isnt worth the trouble.

I

It does kind of bug me that Hobbywing's recommended motors go from 24xx- to 36xx- in one step, they don't have any ESC's targeting 28xx-motors and 1/12th-1/14th scale cars.

I've driven a 4500kv 2845 with a 16BL30 on 2S, albeit in a crawler with plenty of gear reduction so the motor wasn't under particularly high load. The ESC got a bit warm, but held up.

For your application I would recommend a 10BL60, you can find them for ~$35 OEM, any cheaper isnt worth the trouble.
Just saw them but they go for $45-$55 on most of the websites, I think I'll go for the surpass one as it's half of the price and it works with me setup

Back