looking for a good esc for rocket v5r 3.5t motor going in an arrma granite voltage 2wd

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcross

RC Newbie
Reaction score
looking for a good esc for rocket v5r 3.5t motor going in an arrma granite voltage 2wd

you're not gonna find anything that could handle that motor in that price range and that motor is not an appropriate motor for that truck. Youll just burn it up. Those really low turn motors like that are for on road racing.

3.5t = ~9400kV. Per the comments above that is for mod on-road racing. You’ll need a top spec ESC for that motor, it even then it would be uncontrollable in a 2WD off-road car. Lower end ESC and stock spec usually advise down to 10.5t on-road and 13.5t off-road that’s a range 2400-3400kV.

3.5t = ~9400kV. Per the comments above that is for mod on-road racing. You’ll need a top spec ESC for that motor, it even then it would be uncontrollable in a 2WD off-road car. Lower end ESC and stock spec usually advise down to 10.5t on-road and 13.5t off-road that’s a range 2400-3400kV.
Yup, somewhere in This ballpark would be a good place to start 👆
My personal opinion is between 11.5T and 17.5T or 2400kv and 3900kv and it doesn't matter to much where you land in that range as you can using tune whatever motor to the amount of torque or top speed you want with gearing.

around $100

will the Hobbywing QUICRUN 10BL120 be enoughh for that motor?
The QUICRUN 10BL120 wont handle it. Just tried with my tt02 speed run car with the Surpass v3 3.5t. Smoked the esc almost immediately. The Hobbywing manual says it can handle down to 3.5t on road. In my experience it can't.lol

The QUICRUN 10BL120 wont handle it. Just tried with my tt02 speed run car with the Surpass v3 3.5t. Smoked the esc almost immediately. The Hobbywing manual says it can handle down to 3.5t on road. In my experience it can't.lol
Were you running it on 2S?

Back